Looks Like The Summer Weather Finally Gone ...

skysnapper

sleep is for wimps
Website
Visit site
Dunno anywhere else in the but still been pretty warm in London up till now.. Now i'll need i need more than a t-shirt to go out...

Anywhere else in the UK still warm are we surely heading towards winter

Worst still the sudden change has brought me down with a sodding cold first one in a year and has to decide to do so today when im flying out for a week of partying n Ibiza on Monday sodding bloody typical :angry: ... need some get me better quick remedys fast!!!!!!!! Any tips!

BaDToaD posted on Sep 17 2005 at 07:21 PM said:
Huge amount of vitamin C ie loads of Orange Juice.

I was thinkning of consuming a load of vitamin c tablets :) But its says do not exceedd the dose of one.. don't want to look like i've been tangoed before i go on hols! :)

Just wish my nose would stop dribbling and sneezing.. theres screwed up bog roll all ov er the place.. hope no one pops round for a visit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark posted on Sep 17 2005 at 02:23 PM said:
It's dark and cold, and I freaking love it, as long as I'm inside.

Really can't wait to go to New York now...the freezing weather, chance of snow...bliss.
when are you going to new york because I heard from somewhere that Miyamoto is going to be at Nintendo World, which is in new york, on the 26th or 27th of September

Yup the temperature has dropped suddenly here, mostly over night. The wind has turned bitter which is keeping the temperature down.
Just two weeks ago going out in a light jacket had me boiling in my own skin, yesterday in town I was shivering with the same jacket on.

We have one of those clocks with a thermometer and indoors it's normally between 20-23 in the early morning and 22-25.5 during the warmest parts of the day. This morning it was 15.5 and felt very chilly. It's now reached the dizzy heights of 20. :blink:

I still need my room fan on but not as much, and outside my room it is horribly cold as the windows are kept open. Looks like I'm going to have to stop wearing shorts :p

Rico posted on Sep 17 2005 at 11:17 PM said:
I still need my room fan on but not as much, and outside my room it is horribly cold as the windows are kept open. Looks like I'm going to have to stop wearing shorts :p

I like having my windows left open and fresh air blowing into my flat but now they are firmly closd :( and no more sitting arund in nothing but my boxers.

Oh well should be back in sunshine tomorrow, hope this bloody cold has cleared of by before i fly out tommorrow lucnchtime. :rolleyes:

skysnapper posted on Sep 18 2005 at 10:53 AM said:
Rico posted on Sep 17 2005 at 11:17 PM said:

I like having my windows left open and fresh air blowing into my flat but now they are firmly closd :( and no more sitting arund in nothing but my boxers.

Oh well should be back in sunshine tomorrow, hope this bloody cold has cleared of by before i fly out tommorrow lucnchtime. :rolleyes:

Okay, it's your lucky day! In my job I've made NOT having colds an art form!!!

So the first thing to do is take LOTS of timed capsules of Vit C. It won't make you orange, but it might make you poo a bit more!

Next thing, do the old towel over your head and a bowl of steamy water. A few drops of olbas oil will help. Do that for a few 10 minute slots a day.

Next thing, a hot toddy before you go to bed. It raises the temperature of your body, thus helping kill the cold. Drink just before going to bed. To make- Hot Milk, Honey, Whiskey (or any strong spirit). A bit of sugar if you ned it. Drink, go to bed. In bed wear your day clothes, and be prepared to sweat a lot.

Drink SO much water, eat well, rest.

If you are really brave, the best thing to do is to sniff up some water mixed with a bit of salt and a pinch of bicarb of soda. The water should taste like salty tears. In the palm of your hand and sniff it up! I have a special pot for it. But this steralises the nasel cavaties, and helps kill a cold quicker.

Hope this helps!

lubidog posted on Sep 18 2005 at 12:22 PM said:
Okay, it's your lucky day! In my job I've made NOT having colds an art form!!!

So the first thing to do is take LOTS of timed capsules of Vit C. It won't make you orange, but it might make you poo a bit more!

Next thing, do the old towel over your head and a bowl of steamy water. A few drops of olbas oil will help. Do that for a few 10 minute slots a day.

Next thing, a hot toddy before you go to bed. It raises the temperature of your body, thus helping kill the cold. Drink just before going to bed. To make- Hot Milk, Honey, Whiskey (or any strong spirit). A bit of sugar if you ned it. Drink, go to bed. In bed wear your day clothes, and be prepared to sweat a lot.

Drink SO much water, eat well, rest.

If you are really brave, the best thing to do is to sniff up some water mixed with a bit of salt and a pinch of bicarb of soda. The water should taste like salty tears. In the palm of your hand and sniff it up! I have a special pot for it. But this steralises the nasel cavaties, and helps kill a cold quicker.

Hope this helps!

CHeers for the tips although the last ones a bit too hardcore for me :p

Shame the gym i go to isn't open on the weekends otherwise i would have used the steam bath to sweat it out my system...

Fishbong posted on Sep 18 2005 at 02:00 PM said:
Olbas oil is the best. A few drops rubbed beneath the nose are a great remedy, may hurt a bit though...

Seems olbas is a winner, no where to get it on a sunday unless i catch a train up town!

Will remember it for the future colds!

Think im drying up a bit now.. had no need to blow my nose all afternoon! Been drining lots of hot beechams black currant!

BaDToaD posted on Sep 17 2005 at 02:21 PM said:
Huge amount of vitamin C ie loads of Orange Juice.

I read on a shirt at Hot Topic

"Drink Apple Juice, OJ Kills"

Its still super warm here in Wisconsin, damn I think it was so hot it killed my goldfish

Olbas oil just stings, doesn't really harm! And it is just a short term remody.

Orange juice is okay of it's pure, but there is more Vit C in broccoli, I believe. Just take the tablets till you poo!

Colds for me are the nightmare. I have a big premiere on Saturday, and lots of important people are coming to see the show. If I get a cold I'm buggered!

Back