Looking For Pc (windows) Gamers That Want To Beta Test A New Program I

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
Hey guys

i took a break with gp2x development to create something i wanted to create some time ago .. a Universal automatic screenshots convertor. big name he ;)
the program is targeted to gamers who don't like that their screenshots are not in jpeg format. This will convert it all for u to a format of your liking either manually or automaticly when the game ends.

this is what it can do so far :
- add, delete, edit game profiles
- convert from and to jpg,bmp,tga (png is being added)
- option to automaticly convert screenshots when the game ends
- manually convert screenshots for a selected game profile
- manually convert screenshots for all game profiles (1 click on a button and every screenshot for all your games will be converted)
- option to keep original file
- option to resize the screenshots
- option to choose jpg output compression quality
- option to use file/dir masks let me explain this :
u can use the following :
%dd% : Shows day as 02 for example
%mm% : shows month as 03 for example
%yyyy% : shows years as 2007 for example
%hh% : shows hour as 21 for example
%nn% : shows minutes as 30 for example
%ss% : shows seconds as 11 for example
%day% : shows day as friday for example
'%month%: shows month as february for example
%profile%: shows the profile name as World of Warcraft for example.

so what does this mean ? it takes the date when the screenshot was created (file date) and using the mask u can choose how to save your screenshots:
a few example if outputfolder is c:\temp\ and filename is wow1.tga and a mask like this :
%yyyy%\%month% %dd%\%profile%\%hh%-%nn%-%ss%
will make
"c:\temp\2007\february 02\World Of Warcraft\21-31-51 wow1.jpg"

you can combine it anyway u like if u don't want directories just leave out the \ and it will be added to the filename. u just want a screenshots folder with the game names in it use %profile%\ as a mask etc the possibilities are endles

this last option is created for games like quake 4, unreal tournament GOTY etc. where the screenshots filenames use a counter but if the screenshots get deleted they start counting from 1 again so normally if u would convert it will overwrite your previous converted pictures. to counter act this u can add a filedir mask. the time will do enough just ad %hh%-%nn%-%ss% and the screenshots will get the time inside their filenames so that they don't get overwritten.

if u have a few games on windows where u can take screenshots and would like to help me out beta testing it then send me a personal message (use the profile option of this forum). so that i can send u the link for beta testing

joyrider posted on Feb 3 2007 at 03:39 PM said:
Hey guys

i took a break with gp2x development to create something i wanted to create some time ago .. a Universal automatic screenshots convertor. big name he ;)
the program is targeted to gamers who don't like that their screenshots are not in jpeg format. This will convert it all for u to a format of your liking either manually or automaticly when the game ends.

this is what it can do so far :
- add, delete, edit game profiles
- convert from and to jpg,bmp,tga (png is being added)
- option to automaticly convert screenshots when the game ends
- manually convert screenshots for a selected game profile
- manually convert screenshots for all game profiles (1 click on a button and every screenshot for all your games will be converted)
- option to keep original file
- option to resize the screenshots
- option to choose jpg output compression quality
- option to use file/dir masks let me explain this :
u can use the following :
%dd% : Shows day as 02 for example
%mm% : shows month as 03 for example
%yyyy% : shows years as 2007 for example
%hh% : shows hour as 21 for example
%nn% : shows minutes as 30 for example
%ss% : shows seconds as 11 for example
%day% : shows day as friday for example
'%month%: shows month as february for example
%profile%: shows the profile name as World of Warcraft for example.

so what does this mean ? it takes the date when the screenshot was created (file date) and using the mask u can choose how to save your screenshots:
a few example if outputfolder is c:\temp\ and filename is wow1.tga and a mask like this :
%yyyy%\%month% %dd%\%profile%\%hh%-%nn%-%ss%
will make
"c:\temp\2007\february 02\World Of Warcraft\21-31-51 wow1.jpg"

you can combine it anyway u like if u don't want directories just leave out the \ and it will be added to the filename. u just want a screenshots folder with the game names in it use %profile%\ as a mask etc the possibilities are endles

this last option is created for games like quake 4, unreal tournament GOTY etc. where the screenshots filenames use a counter but if the screenshots get deleted they start counting from 1 again so normally if u would convert it will overwrite your previous converted pictures. to counter act this u can add a filedir mask. the time will do enough just ad %hh%-%nn%-%ss% and the screenshots will get the time inside their filenames so that they don't get overwritten.

if u have a few games on windows where u can take screenshots and would like to help me out beta testing it then send me a personal message (use the profile option of this forum). so that i can send u the link for beta testing

Ever heard of FRAPS? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
A_SN posted on Feb 6 2007 at 10:17 PM said:
Ever heard of FRAPS? ;)

yup but fraps is a screen capture program. my program is a convertor, something completly diffrent. it's for people that just use the normal take screenshot way in a game if the game has it and it will convert it.

But it²'s not needed anymore i found people somewhere else to test it and already released it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back