Looking for a spare (still brand new) DualShock 3 or quality alternative.

I've been using a semi-busted DualShock 3 with my PlayStation 3 for awhile now (while mechanically, the controller's R2 & L3 still actuate normally, they don't respond in-game or anywhere else). Does anyone know of some trust-worthy website that still has official, brand new DualShock 3's (hopefully in black)? I realize it's probably impossible at this point to still find any of them, so suggestions on a high-quality alternative are very welcome as well (unfortunately, DualShock 4's won't cut it as they aren't fully compatible with PlayStation 3 games...I've tried) :(

Also, I realize they make absolutely no mention of support of any kind for any Sony consoles, but does anyone think that there might be a chance those new 8Bitdo SF30 Pro Controllers might be compatible with PS3 (I get it, it's a long shot)? Also, how's the quality with them, do they (I guess 8Bitdo controllers in general) work/feel/play as well as quality, official controllers? I do wonder though, if the controller will feel less stable when using the analog sticks, since there are no hand grips..

They might well work if you plug them in using a USB lead (they come with a short one) and ISTR PS3 just uses default bluetooth joysticks, which my 8bitdo controller can definitely do - but if you reckon PS4 pads don't work properly, I can't say if they'd suffer similar problems or not. I've used it on my Pandora though, and that picks up the d-pad/shoulders/buttons and joysticks just fine.

For completeness, I own a 8bitdo SF60FCM I think it's called - they're sort of shrunken SNES style but thinner and with joysticks and four shoulders - but I assume the firmware is similar between all 8bitdo joysticks.

Back