Looking for a space game made by a member of the old forums

sinoth

Website
Visit site
Sorry this is such a vague request, but I am going mad trying to find a game that was in development for the Pandora waaay before they were actually released. I remember posting about it before the move to this forum, so it's hard to find info.

You could play it on your PC, and the game grid was divided into 9 sections. You could zoom into each section using keys on the numberpad. I don't remember the exact goal of the game, except that it was in space and you hop around a generated galaxy.

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Edit: Woo! Found it! Had to scum the gp32x boards a bit. It is Galactic Artifact, link here: http://games.randomlynx.net/GalacticArtifact/

Last edited by a moderator:
How about writing the developer and asking politely if he is still interested in bringing his game onto Pandora?

did you ever upload this? I don't see it on the repo. Would like to try it!

WOW! Nobody told me, there is an PND of this. ^^ I really liked the game on PC, was pretty fun imho. Sadly, it seems that it was discontinued by the original author. I really hope somebody will pick it up and continue to work on it. :)

WOW! Nobody told me, there is an PND of this. ^^ I really liked the game on PC, was pretty fun imho. Sadly, it seems that it was discontinued by the original author. I really hope somebody will pick it up and continue to work on it. :)
Nobody told you because I just made it yesterday :p . It was really easy to compile. I just had to add a pair of brackets to one file. Still have absolutely no idea how to play this but w/e. Enjoy!

Should be mentioned that there is now a Fullscreen Version available. :)

Game works pretty well so far on the Pandora, brings up memories because I've played it alot 2 Years ago on PC. Do someone know the original author? GA could need some more pandora specific optimizing in controls, even if it already plays well with or without Mouse. The Author also spoke about various improvements at the GA site, so it would be great if the game development is continued. Some Artifact names and some graphics are still missing and it can be confusing that the Ancients have the same portrait as the Industrialists. ^^"

Nobody told you because I just made it yesterday :p . It was really easy to compile. I just had to add a pair of brackets to one file. Still have absolutely no idea how to play this but w/e. Enjoy!
Game has no special pnd cathegory yet but besides this, you did a good job. Gameplay is not that hard to learn, there even is an easy mode where you not have to upgrade your ship but only have to search for the Artifact. ;)

And the manual is very detailed and explains everything pretty well.

http://games.randoml...rtifact/manual/

Please note the license I added to the repo discription.

Turns out that according to the manual/License file I was not allowed to distribute galactic artifact. However, I contacted the original author and he said it can be distributed from repo.openpandora.org. It may not be distributed on other repo's/websites without the original author's permission.

Cool, so Trevor is still on the planet, nice. :) I really hope he will continue this nice little game, the planed features mentioned at his site sounds very promising. ^^ Adjusted controlls for Pandora usage also would be great for example.

I still like GA somehow, yes. :D

Back