Looking For A Gp32 Wav Player

fitzsteve

Hi there!

Not been here in ages... Sorry about that...

Anyway I've got my GP32 out and want to play some Wav files on it, but none of the players in the download section seem to support Wav.

I know the original GP32 Player supported Wav but I've got a BLU and it didn't come with the player :(

Any advice appreciated.

Steve.

fitzsteve said:
Hi there!

Anyway I've got my GP32 out and want to play some Wav files on it, but none of the players in the download section seem to support Wav.

I know the original GP32 Player supported Wav but I've got a BLU and it didn't come with the player :(

Any advice appreciated.

Steve.

IIRC, the Gamepark player can be installed from the GP Manager program without an additional download. I don't know if that version supports WAV or not, but since you know the original player did, this one might as well.

As far as other apps are concerned, there's United GP Viewer or Klatterbox. The latter is designed to play samples at different speeds and frequencies, and the former looks to just play them as-is.

Last edited by a moderator:
jmetal88 said:
fitzsteve said:
Hi there!

Any advice appreciated.

Steve.

IIRC, the Gamepark player can be installed from the GP Manager program without an additional download. I don't know if that version supports WAV or not, but since you know the original player did, this one might as well.

As far as other apps are concerned, there's United GP Viewer or Klatterbox. The latter is designed to play samples at different speeds and frequencies, and the former looks to just play them as-is.

Thanks for that, i'll give those a try :)

You could always try wubforge :)

*Edit* Re-reading your post it seems like you're looking for a media player type thing so I'm guessing you want to play song-length wavs? If so wubforge can't do that.

slaanesh said:
Why don't you convert the .WAVs to something else? Keep them if you want loss-less copies and then convert them to OGG or MP3 for playing on the GP32.

I'm trying to use the GP32 to load games on my real ZX Spectrum from WAV file (taken from the TAP file) I can convert to MP3 they are too quiet and the speccy does not pick them up.

I've also tried OGG but the sound quality seems to be poor and I get loading errors.

I thought I might get more luck with WAV's

Anyway I've bought a DivIDE now :)

Thanks however for the reply's I should check in here more often.

Steve.

Normalising and/or some sort of noise reduction before converting the wavs to mp3 could help some.. I remember getting a couple of speccy games to load via gp32 this way. Rlyeh added support to load Taps in realtime with fzx but iirc the gp32 sound bug scuppered using it on the real hardware. Looks pretty though :)

Back