Live Tv On Psp

OmarNawaz

Hiya

I got TV on my psp running using PMPVLC basically its a VLC client for your PSP

SO VLC runs on your PC and it rencodes the stream on the fly and sends it to the PSP theres about a 30sec delay and you can't remotely change channels atm though I believe thats being worked on, I have been thinking of setting up IR senders in the main areas I'll likely to be lounging

I followed a guide on using VLC to capture the TVU Player Streams which is basically american channels and some Korean Chinese ones theres even Al Jazeera

Channel List

Sports
ESPN
ESPN (ASIA)
ESPN 2
MLB
Star Sports
CCTV 5
Telecapri (Italy)
Comcast Sportsnet
General
ABC
CBS
NBC
FOX
USA Network
Comedy Central
Disney
Animal Planet
Cartoon Network
TV Land
NASA TV
DW TV(German)
Fei Cui
Phoenix CN
Star TV
East TV
HY TV
Hunan TV
ZhongTian TV
XinZhi TV
KNNSBS(Korea)
Direct 8
News
CNBC
CNN (low)
CNN 1
Class News(Italy)
Phoenix Info
CBN
Movie
HBO
Hollywood
CCTV 8
Lifestyle
Fashion
Music
Channel V
All Music
OnTop TV

And I'm sure using Port forwarding and a fast enough broadband connection you could acess the stream from a HotSpot wherever you are

Anyway here are the main files needed its the PMPVLC for your psp and custom VLC install

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NU5G1CB6

If you have any questions just drop a post

Well, you get channels that you normally can't get on your TV, and it's more convenient at times than sitting at your PC. Looks great to me!

This is a very versatile peice of software since its based on VLC you could even setup a webcam that you could monitor remotley or whatever video source

Download and install TVU Player you can grab it from viidoo.com

Open up the software and you should see a channel list with the available channels

Now click on a stream and see if everythings working I.E can you see the stream?

While it is streaming got to the directory it is installed to I.E C:\Program Files\TVUPlayer and open the LOG.TXT

Look for something like "Local Play Port= " and note down the port number most likely "8901"

NOW here's the tricky bit you need to assign a static ip adress for the network adapter that connects to your wireless router

In my case I got my ethernet socket hooked up to my router so I open up network connections

Right Click my Ehternet Adapter and click on Properties

In the new window that pops up I scroll to TCP/IP then click on the Properties button just below

I tick the box specify IP Adress and set it as something friendly with my router and othe PC's I.E Not the same ip adress as the router and within the range of IP adresses router assigns

These are my settings

IP ADRESSE: 192.168.1.5

SUBNET MASK: 255.255.255.0 (set automatically)

DEFAULT GATEWAY: 192.168.1.1 (IP of my router)

Now that you have specified a IP adress and connected to your wireless router its time to install the Custom VLC package thats bundled in the rar package (link in 1st post)

But before that open up Command Prompt and type in IPCONFIG

You should see the IP you have just specified and the IP of your Internet Connection

Now onto VLC installation using provided install which is in the Rar package in the 1st post

3. Installation
===============

1) If you have another VLC version installed, first uninstall it and make sure to delete preferences and cache!!
(delete directory c:\Documents and Settings\"yournamehere"\Application Data\vlc)

2) install the supplied VLC 0.8.5 on your PC. The file is called vlc-0.8.5-psp-x264-win32.exe available in a separate binary of the distribution. Sorry this is for windows only. Someone has to (cross-)compile versions for Mac and Linux. Maybe if I have time I will do it myself.

3) On windows create a shortcut to vlc.exe where target looks like this:
"D:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --extraintf=http
(note that your path may be different from mine).
On other platforms make sure that vlc is started with the parameters:
--extraintf=http

Now lets test everything out too see if everything is working so far

STEP1: Open TVU Player and double click on a stream wait for the video to start playing

STEP2: Double Click Desktop Shortcut of VLC you have just installed

STEP3: In VLC go to File>Open Network Stream then check the HTTP box and type in the ip adress you have specified followed by the TVU PLAYER PORT you noted down from the log.txt in my case it was

192.168.1.5:8901

Press OK wait a couple of secs and you should see the video stream from the TVU player playing in VLC if so continue o the next step

If you don't see anything make sure TVU Player is umm playing and that you have typed in the correct IP adress and PORT number

OK now again go to File>Open Network Stream in VLC and check HTTP box and type in the specified IP adress followed by the TVU PLAYER PORT number

Then scroll down and tick the Stream/Save box and the Caching box set Caching to 500 the click the Settings button a new window should pop up

In this window tick the HTTP box and type specified IP adress again in my case it was

Leave the port number as it is (should be 1234)

In encapsulation tick OGG checkbox

In Transcoding Options

Tick Video Codec checkbox in drop down selection put

Video Codec DIV3 Bitrate (kb/s) 768 Scale 1

Tick Audio Codec checkbox in the drop down selection put

Audio Codec mp3 Bitrate (kb/s) 64 Channels 2

Press OK you should be kicked back to the Open Dialog box now before you press OK again make sure TVU player is running and a stream is playing

VLC should now be playing but the timer should be at 0 and you wont be able to see the video stream playing in VLC

PMPVLC PSP INSTALLATION

3. Installation
===============

1) copy the PMP VLC binaries to your PSP (/PSP/GAME/PMPVLC009_JockyW and PMPVLC009_JockyW%)

2) edit pmp.ini and copy it to /PSP/GAME/PMPVLC009_JockyW

3) copy the file VLC-ENABLE.AVI (in the VLC directory of the distribution) to your memstick in /PSP/VIDEO/

==> See below for an example of pmp.ini <==

You can find the example PMP.INI files to edit in the package PMPVLC came in (see 1st post) under

PMP.INI SAMPLES
/Livestreams
/no-AVC std quality
/PMP.INI

You can ignore the
# Net Io Config section as thats settings for using PMPVLC to play local files that reside on your HD but there are better software for doing that i.e PIMPSTREAMER

What you want is to change the values in the transcoding section to the following

# VLC transcoding settings
[transcode]
res_horiz = 360;
res_vert = 272;
use_avc_hw = 0;
vid_codec = DIV3;
vid_bitrate = 768;
vid_fps = 25;
venc = x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1};

aud_codec = mp3;
aud_bitrate = 64;
aud_channels = 2;
resample = 1;
aud_samplerate = 44100;

container = ogg;

In the next sextion called Live stream server change the IP adress and Port to the one you specified earlier in the Stream/Save settings

# live stream server
[live]
liveserver = 192.168.1.5;
liveport = 1234;

Save changes to the PMP.INI file and copy it over to your PSP in the relevant directory

Before you boot up PMPVLC on your PSP make sure your NetworkSettings on your PSP that allow you to connect to the wireless router are working

Boot up PMP VLC press R trigger to enable network once enabled (you'll se ip adress in green) press SELECT then choose Live Stream by pressing O

It should say loading then after about 20-30 secs start playing your stream :D

IF you don't see anything ensure VLC on PC is running and playing and that TVU player is playing a channel

IF it still doesn't work double check IP and PORT in Open Network Stream and in the Stream/Save Settings

Also make sure that PORT 1234 is opened on your firewall and your router

ONCE you got it all working you can save settings so that to get the Stream up and running you open TVU player click on channel you want to watch then click on VLC

I am able to do all this remotely as I have VNC setup on my psp which lets me control my PC also if you can acess allthis from foreign hotspots if you enter your INTERNET connection IP ADRESS in the steps above

Let me know if you have any troubles

Back