Live discussion of the prototype run

I'll be optimistic and bet 10 trillion dollars that it works, but they have to fiddle with some wiring (thus causing a bit of panic).

Excited though :)

IMG_0191.JPG

This waiting is killing me. Been a long time since I've sat on a web page smashing the F5 key.

I should go to bed and be excited with the influx of news tomorrow.

Following EDs' Twitter feed?

Let's have some fun and talk about what you think will happen :D

Volcanoes. Definitely.

Jokes aside, it's getting hard to stay calm. The mass produced Pyra is so close you can almost smell her. (although right about now, the smell should be like something burning)

Bear in mind that it was a long time between the Pandora prototype board and shipping the final finished product. Let's not get too excited.

D.

Well my estimate of sometime this decade still seems more true than false.

I keep looking for a final report on the subsequent testing and analysis and if any of the boards fully worked.

I should be more patient.  Has anyone else been checking in about every hour or two too?

Well, Nikolaus is testing them right now.

The CPU board he got (the reworked one) doesn't boot yet. The OMAP5 and Palmas Power Chip is initialized, but it doesn't boot yet - could be a DRAM issue, could be a µSD-Issue, could be a simple software issue.

It might be that one DRAM is not sitting properly.

The XRay had been done before the rework (to find out why the parts had been placed wrong), so it could be the rework still has a part not 100% placed (with BGAs, that's always an issue).

Nikolaus plans to solder his Debug MicroUSB-Port to the CPU board so he can read out why the OMAP5 doesn't want to boot and he should also get normally produced CPU PCBs soon as well.

The good thing is that the OMAP tries to boot through the mainboard, which means that the charger chip and power circuits are most likely working correctly.

I keep looking for a final report on the subsequent testing and analysis and if any of the boards fully worked.

I should be more patient.  Has anyone else been checking in about every hour or two too?
Nah... I will enjoy the excitement of others, but have reserved my excitement for when I see 'this is your order number: xxxxxxxxx'...

But I guess in your case, that moment has already passed.

saved our lost linux souls with Pyra

au contraire... first you buy a Pandora for 666, then, you condemn your soul with fire, brimstone and Pyra, which is actually Pyro... and does a dance of evil.  Where's the connection?  Don't forget... he is EVIL dragon...

And you know what? After I ran the CPU STRESS TEST on the Pandora... I couldnt even warm my hand... I pretty certain the Pyra will not keep my kebab warm. So much for the promise of pyra-kebab. How do I know? Because Debian transmutates all fire things to ice... so firefox becomes iceweasel. So you start up your browser... BAM... the room temperature drops. And now that you can have many many browser tabs open at once on the Pyra... I'm pretty sure I will be able to watch frozen on it.

on a serious note: Don't put your salvation/damnation on a piece of hardware. Its just that... hardware (and software.. don't forget the software).

bloopers and unused:

Last edited by a moderator:
au contraire... first you buy a Pandora for 666, then, you condemn your soul with fire, brimstone and Pyra, which is actually Pyro... and does a dance of evil.  Where's the connection?  Don't forget... he is EVIL dragon...

And you know what? After I ran the CPU STRESS TEST on the Pandora... I couldnt even warm my hand... I pretty certain the Pyra will not keep my kebab warm. So much for the promise of pyra-kebab. How do I know? Because Debian transmutates all fire things to ice... so firefox becomes iceweasel. So you start up your browser... BAM... the room temperature drops. And now that you can have many many browser tabs open at once on the Pyra... I'm pretty sure I will be able to watch frozen on it.

on a serious note: Don't put your salvation/damnation on a piece of hardware. Its just that... hardware (and software.. don't forget the software).

bloopers and unused:

He opened Pandora's Box, that's why he turned crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back