Linphone audio

amyren

I set up Linphone to use my voipbuster account, and it does work by calling to other phones. But I get no audio, not on the pandora or at the phone I call to.

Have anyone managed set it up to work properly, to call to a real phone line?

It works under Slackware with this .asoundrc

pcm.dmixed {
type dmix
ipc_key 1234
slave {
pcm "hw:0"
buffer_size 8192
period_size 2048
#periods 128
period_time 0
buffer_time 0
rate 44100
}
}

pcm.softvol {
type softvol
slave {
pcm "dmixed"
}
control {
name "Master"
card 0
}
}

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "softvol"
}

pcm.dsp0 {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hw:0"
}
}

ctl.dsp0 {
type plug
slave.pcm "hw:0"
}

ctl.mixer0 {
type plug
slave.pcm "hw:0"
}

pcm.imic {
type route
slave {
pcm "hw:0,1"
channels 2
}
ttable {
0.0 = 1
}
}
pcm.xmic {
type route
slave {
channels 2
}
ttable {
0.1 = 1
}
}

and this linphonerc:

Code:
[sip]
media_encryption=none
default_proxy=-1
guess_hostname=1
contact=<sip:op@22.2.2.2>
inc_timeout=15
use_info=0
use_rfc2833=0
use_ipv6=0
register_only_when_network_is_up=1

[sound]
playback_dev_id=ALSA: omap3pandora
ringer_dev_id=ALSA: omap3pandora
capture_dev_id=ALSA: imic
echocancellation=1
remote_ring=/usr/share/sounds/linphone/ringback.wav
alsadev=imic

[video]
size=cif
display=0
capture=0
show_local=0
self_view=0

[net]
adaptive_rate_control=1
firewall_policy=0
mtu=0

[GtkUi]
advanced_ui=1

[rtp]
audio_rtp_port=7078
video_rtp_port=9078
audio_jitt_comp=60
video_jitt_comp=60
nortp_timeout=30

[audio_codec_0]
mime=speex
rate=32000
enabled=1

[audio_codec_1]
mime=speex
rate=16000
enabled=1

[audio_codec_2]
mime=speex
rate=8000
enabled=1

[audio_codec_3]
mime=GSM
rate=8000
enabled=1

[audio_codec_4]
mime=PCMU
rate=8000
enabled=1

[audio_codec_5]
mime=PCMA
rate=8000
enabled=1

[audio_codec_6]
mime=L16
rate=44100
enabled=0

[audio_codec_7]
mime=L16
rate=44100
enabled=0

[audio_codec_8]
mime=G722
rate=8000
enabled=0

Thanks.

I did copy this setup into my sdcard/pandora/linphone.rc and my /etc/asound.conf

Edited a few parts, like sip ann proxy

Now I get the Mic to work and the receiver can hear me, but I still got no sound back to the pandora. The ringer works, so the playback device is ok.

I'll test more later, but thanks so far.

In your profile make sure your output/sound devices are "alsa default".  I've seen OSS be selected, and that

seems to cause the sound hardware serious problems.  So outputs should all be "alsa default", and input needs

to be "alsa imic", or switch to "alsa xmic" if you're using a try four-conductor headphone/mic combo.

It works now, sound out and in :)

ALSA: default device made the trick for the sound ouput.

thanks to vandyswa for that

Honestly I didnt think that would make a difference, since I had it set to ALSA: omap3pandora for both playback and ringer, and the Ring workes just fine with that setting, but I decided to try it anyway and it works.

And to Linux-SWAT for his config examples.

I think it was these lines that I put in asound.conf that did make the mic work, because before the imic option wasnt selectable at all in linphone preferences.

pcm.imic {
type route
slave {
channels 2
}
ttable {
0.0 = 1
}
}

I have one more issue when using Linphone.

I did sign up for a vitual number (flynumber.com) to use for incoming calls.

But what happens is that immidiately when calling my assigned number, I get an automatic message: 

In norwegian: The subscriber have turned off his phone or is not available at the moment, please try again later."

This message is repeated one time in english and then the call ends.

However, the ringer on Linphone starts immidiately, and the phone number I am calling from is shown in the display, and I can choose to accept or reject the call.

Accepting it doest work since the call on the other end is only getting that automatic message.

The positive thing is that I will get a missed call, and the number will show so I can call back, so in a way I can be reached by incoming calls.

Not sure if this problem is a flynumber problem or if its something I can do in the Linphone setup.

Have anyone else tried this.

No idea.

If you have time and a spare SD card, you can try the one (v 3.5.2) i've shipped in Slackware.

I have been reading (briefly) the Slackware thread, but havent tried it yet.

Can this co-exists with the superzaxxon os, like a dualboot setup?

After formatting and putting the image on the sdcard, can the sdcard also be used for superzaxxon storage (pnd's and settings)?

Or if needs to be in the left slot, can it be used by android?

You put the card on left slot and boot it when needed.

Yes, you can put pnds on it.

Dunno about android.

It sounds like a settings or registration problem to me..    doublecheck all your settings against the ones flynumber.com have provided,

then trigger linphone to register with the server again.     Failing that I'd recommend following up with flynumber.com.  it may be something they can fix on their end.

- Neelix

You put the card on left slot and boot it when needed.

Yes, you can put pnds on it.

Dunno about android.
If it needs to be in the left slot, then its the same slot as android wants to use. So if android will accept that the sdcard is ext2 formatted it should work.

EDIT: android is in the right slot, my fault

I have all my pandora settings and pnd's in the left slot. I'll try to make a copy of these files and put them om the new slackware card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another debug approach is to capture the sequence and then pick it apart with Wireshark.  SuperZaxxon has the pcap

library but no tcpdump; with a little fiddling I got it to build with SZ's pcap, so if you're up for dealing with a CLI tool

and reading SIP traces, you can probably figure out what went wrong.

tcpdump.zip

Attachments

• tcpdump.zip
    269.7 KB · Views: 172
I just went through the process of installing slackware.

Good thing was that the included linphone version worked without out of the box as soon as I entered my voip user details.

The bad thing was that it worked exactly the same way when I use the virtual number.

Well, can't help you more. As vandyswa said, maybe try to capture some packets ?

Another debug approach is to capture the sequence and then pick it apart with Wireshark.  SuperZaxxon has the pcap

library but no tcpdump; with a little fiddling I got it to build with SZ's pcap, so if you're up for dealing with a CLI tool

and reading SIP traces, you can probably figure out what went wrong.
I know how to use a teminal, but have no idea how to capture. But guessing it could be something like entering: tcpdump wlan0 > tcpdump.log

And then opening the file inside wireshark and look

BTW, I am on slackware right now, but I tried entering tcpdump in the terminal, but the command was not found.

Also I did enter ifconfig (and su ifconfig and sudo ifconfig) in the terminal to find the name of the network device in use, but that was also an unknown command. 

I the terminal in slackware different from other terminals?

You must be root to use tcpdump:

su

Ifconfig is in /sbin, and /sbin is not in the PATH of normal users, so you can:

-be root

-use the absolute path, i.e. /sbin/ifconfig

just tried running the command:

#su       

password: <my_password>

#tcpdump wlan0 > /tmp/tcplog

Segmentation fault

Back