Lik-sang Gp2x For £81??

lippy

Still Fresh
The price at Lik-Sang has dropped to $150;
Is this with the new lcd or the old one?
I'm thinking about getting this one; hows customer service for lik-sang(if any)?

I'm hoping no-one has posted this before, couldn't find any posts using search.

When the gp2x gets here, I will play that little machine so hard, it'll brick itself to save it from me.

...that came out wrong.

lippy posted on May 3 2006 at 10:03 PM said:
The price at Lik-Sang has dropped to $150;
Is this with the new lcd or the old one?
I'm thinking about getting this one; hows customer service for lik-sang(if any)?

I'm hoping no-one has posted this before, couldn't find any posts using search.
It's in stock so it is the original version with the original better display (according to Craig's comparison of the old and new in yesterdays post).

Last edited by a moderator:
DTH posted on May 4 2006 at 09:47 AM said:
Is it also with the new joystick?
no just the actual GP2x

According to a few people, LikSang don't test the units either, and so you stand the risk of getting a pre-bricked unit, and then it'll be upto you to actually post it back and get it swapped. If your not desperate for a unit, then this is probably acceptable to most people.

It's not the new unit however, doesn't come with the new LCD (which actually seems worse than the old one) and doesn't come with the new joystick.

From what I've read somewhere :unsure: , Lik Sang WAS testing their Gp2X before shipping because of the troubles GPH had at the begining.
But now, I don't know if they still test the units.

Pros : Price, fast and secure shipping for a so far seller.
Cons : The tax you've got to pay to your country's custom to import the Gp2X (about 30€ for me)
If you have a problem with your unit (brick, broken headphone jack...), then you'll have to send it back to Hong Kong. But I think their customers service is quite good btw.

Lik-Sang used to have an office in Europe as well. It was a tad more expensive, but I suppose this would be a way to get rid of the custom fee's. And I suppose you should be able to return your bricked units to them as well... maybe...

But they only have the most popular stuff there. Anyways, when I got my GP32 from them, they marked it at 29 € or so, so it didn't get hit with import tax. Your mileage may vary.

I assume they are selling off the old GP2X's, although i know gamepark are not too happy with that price they are using to unload them.

After more use of the new design gp2x I really like the new screen now, it just took a little while to get used to the GP32 style again.

Lik Sang tests all GP2X (and attaches a test certificate), don't believe the false rumours of Craig and his friends ;-) They are just Lik Sang haters and pissed at the low price.

donjj posted on May 4 2006 at 10:56 AM said:
Lik Sang tests all GP2X (and attaches a test certificate), don't believe the false rumours of Craig and his friends ;-) They are just Lik Sang haters and pissed at the low price.

Well, they didn't test mine, or at least didn't provide a certificate. But the system was ok, so all is well.

Back