Life2x (vers0.1)

TheMinder

My first ever SDL and GP2X thing so although it's not very sophisticated and won't be getting hammered by people like a MARIO clone would, i just wanted to check everything was working ok.

I tested it on my own GP2X (1.2.1 firmware), and after i add some more comments i'll post up the source in case it could help anyone.

Based on John Conway's Game Of Life (oh how i wish i had read the wiki entry before i wrote the thing although i had to think more so maybe not).

[EDIT]i've shifted the file to the archive and it now has the sourcecode included

link is : http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,37,1442 [/EDIT]

Any flaming etc is welcome, be glad to know it works on someone else's unit more.

BUGS etc
-----------
- i noticed i had to hold SELECT down to exit, not a major prob
- i think i should have used A and B the other way round

Hi Minder,

Just tried it on mine and it seems to be working fine (fw: 1.4).

One thing you might want to add is the ability to scroll faster across the grid by holding stick in one direction. takes a while to get from one side of the grid to the other one block at a time.

Nice idea by the way (love playing around with stuff like this).

Rich

DUDE!!! I have a version of this game by the name of Life88 on an old Uptime Disk Magazine on a 5 1/4" floppy disk for MS-DOS on XT computers... Man... I haven't played this since I was 5 or so.

Thanks man, as soon as I get my refurbished GP2X back, this'll be the first thing I put on it.

Back