Libreoffice Stopped working.

DrHAX

T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶ The Artist
"Libreoffice 4.5 fatal error could not be installed"

I paraphrased the error message a tiny bit.. but the issues are still present..  I use my pandora only really for libreoffice. (Headphone broke off in the bleedin' jack there goes listening to music!  :angry: ) So now with this issue on BOTH of my pandoras. Both pnd's are fresh... Two seperate cards yet on both pandoras it does the same thing..... Either nothing (usually happens) Starts up the libreoffice splash screen then goes to nothing (Happens frequently) or spews that error at me...

I have no clue whats going on and much to my annoyance I can't get either to work.. I want to get back into writing again and I need libreoffice to do it!. HELP! 
FreakinSmiley.gif

What is the content of the file /tmp/pndrun_libreoffice.out ?

Also, are you using LibreOffice directly or with one the launcher?

What are your Pandoras model et is your firmware up to date?

Try to delete the ./pandora/appdata/libreoffice directory, and try again. Maybe a file in there is corrupted.

Try to delete the ./pandora/appdata/libreoffice directory, and try again. Maybe a file in there is corrupted.
after I did this it said *Updating extensions* and now it works. Hmm interesting..

See... just like a woman.. give her a trip to the hair dresser to get (updated) hair extensions.... and she's happy again.

but seriously: it could be that that part of the files (that particular sector on the SD card) is rewritten often, causing corruption. Might want to check your SD card, a fsck in a while is a good thing.

You can unmount the FS, then, with gparted on the other card, you check it.

Past the middle is the explanation for gparted. (you can also use the commandline, of course, just sudo su to root before you start)

http://www.maketecheasier.com/check-repair-filesystem-fsck-linux/

important: always backup before yada yada...

Last edited by a moderator:
See... just like a woman.. give her a trip to the hair dresser to get (updated) hair extensions.... and she's happy again.

but seriously: it could be that that part of the files (that particular sector on the SD card) is rewritten often, causing corruption. Might want to check your SD card, a fsck in a while is a good thing.

You can unmount the FS, then, with gparted on the other card, you check it.

Past the middle is the explanation for gparted. (you can also use the commandline, of course, just sudo su to root before you start)

http://www.maketecheasier.com/check-repair-filesystem-fsck-linux/

important: always backup before yada yada...
I've swapped to a windows 8 computer for the time being...(Had one for awhile nobody used it because nobody remembered the password.. turns out its quite easy to factory reset a windows 8 laptop now..) And it kept on screaming about errors on the sd card.. well after a failed update it did something and I saw the drive letter for the SD card get thrown into the mix of things it was forcibly fixing. So i wonder if windows screwed me up.. wouldn't surprise me I've had a few apple computers reformat my crap without any permissions...

Back