LG optimus V

froggyman

Still Fresh
I've been looking at getting an LG Optimus V to use as an Android device to play music, games, and a small internet device. It seems like a fairly decent device that should be capable of playing most apps without any lag problems, especially after rooting it and overclocking it a little. I really don't have any intentions of using this as a phone though, as my parents pay for my current phone.

Does it seem like this will work out for me?

If you don't want the phone, why pay for it? Get an iPod Touch. Should be able to put Android on it, if not now, then soon.

Or the Samsung Galaxy Player 50. Has to be cheaper than a full android phone.

Edit: although looking at prices maybe not. Older phone vs Newer PMP/MP3 player. But at least it is another option.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't want the phone, why pay for it? Get an iPod Touch. Should be able to put Android on it, if not now, then soon.

Or the Samsung Galaxy Player 50. Has to be cheaper than a full android phone.

Edit: although looking at prices maybe not. Older phone vs Newer PMP/MP3 player. But at least it is another option.

From what I've seen Android on the iPod's isn't in very good shape. I think I still like the idea of getting the Optimus through Virign because there might be a few times when I go on vacation when I would want to have 3G on the go, and then I would only have to buy a $25 top up card to do that.

But that Samasung Galaxy 50 does look quite interesting...

I guess it also depends on what kind of phone your parents are already paying for. I assume it is a dumb/feature phone or you wouldn't need an additional player. But if it can tether you can always tether your pmp to get 3g. But I would guess probably not.

It does seem the Galaxy Player 50 is one of the only, if not the only, android based pmp with access to the android marketplace via wifi at the moment. And it has something the iPod touch doesn't, besides android of course, a microSD slot. Makes the 8gb version a lot more palatable.

My parents are just paying for a cheap phone, that doesn't have the ability to get 3G. Thats why I like the idea of being able to add 3G service to the LG optimus V if I want to.

Back