LERP Graphics

adamorjames

Website
aojweb.110mb.com
I've tried e-mailing, with no response yet and pm'ing could be more confusing with forum movement going on than making a topic so I'll just make a topic.

I want to do the graphics for LERP.

Aw, I realy want to do the graphics. I am okay at animation...

If my art is used.. maybe the background could be darkened a bit to see the obstacles? For example, each time a stage starts the background dims.. be kinda cool-looking.

g10584.png

g10584.png

Mmm, good call. I feel like that would fit perfectly. (LittleBigPlanet style 3D graphics - 3D graphics for a 2D side-scroller).

who said that you can't do 2D artwork for the whole 3D theme if benjymous likes the idea?
Every 3D Layout still needs 2D backgrounds etc. - I'm sure you can help somehow if you want to help.

I liked your graphics, but I think the one already used is quite nice too. BTW benjymous have you thought of any more things that will be possible to morph into? maybe an anvil or a rock for crushing glass barriers or a paperplane for transportation over big gaps?

Dentrado said:
I liked your graphics, but I think the one already used is quite nice too. BTW benjymous have you thought of any more things that will be possible to morph into? maybe an anvil or a rock for crushing glass barriers or a paperplane for transportation over big gaps?

Yeah, though I've mostly been concentrating on getting the engine working - I'm in the middle of implementing LUA scripting into the game, which means I can set up a lot of user interaction that way - currently the script can create timers (so I can have events happen after a certain delay), and watch zones (that get triggered if the player or another physics object passes through them)

I'll request a subforum in the projects section, and post a "submit your ideas" thread, as I'm sure lots of people will have good ideas!

You guys keep saying that but it looks like his engines already halfway or more through being built. it would take a total rewrite and who knows if he even does it- and prerendered 3D almost never fares well

If his "engine" is splitting graphics from the rest it shouldn't be a problem to do 3D stuff, he could keep the 2D animations but still place some 3D Objects around. He only has to add a Z-Component to the map (but not the collision / physics code) and get some models.
I have something like DrawObject(x,y,z); in my code for 3D (without Z Component for 2D). If thats the case with LERP too, you can just replace the rendering code.
But you are right: Pre-Rendered stuff does usually suck and getting realtime 3D to look cool (and not cheap) can also be a problem. Luckily enough you can add some noise and details with shaders so it looks better in no time. :)

Back