Leisure Suit Larry - Kickstarter

I agree, although I'm getting a bit tired of the same corny sales pitches all the time.

I jumped at the Schafer one, gotto have it. I love Larry but somehow I haven't had quite the same urge to fork over some money yet. I'm getting this jump on the easy money bandwagon sensation for some reason. Don't think there's as much love involved as with the Schafer one.

Hopefully I'm wrong!

LSL1-3 were pretty good. Something changed in 5 that made me less interested in the series though I can't really figure out what; I don't know if it was the series or myself, but it wasn't as fun as the first 3. 6 was the final nail in the coffin, I don't think I cared enough to finish it.

LSL1-3 were pretty good. Something changed in 5 that made me less interested in the series though I can't really figure out what; I don't know if it was the series or myself, but it wasn't as fun as the first 3. 6 was the final nail in the coffin, I don't think I cared enough to finish it.
I played the first one through . Never played 2-5.. I didn't mind 6, but for some reason I really like Leisure Suit Larry 7: Love for Sail..

Leisure suit larry on dos was a novelty when we were young.It seemed risque at the time i guess.It was humourous.But i don't know if it was really a very good game.

Sega should run a Dreamcast 2 kickstarter campaign.I kid you not but that would raise one shitload of money even though it might not be enough to

launch a new console.Would be interesting to see how much would be raised.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Since the Dreamcast didn't sell and keep them alive (the original Sega is long-dead, after all - the current one is no more Sega than the current Atari is Atari), I can't see how this would be feasible, myself.

It certainly is interesting seeing Kickstarter taking off for gaming-related things, though, so who knows where it could go?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've read the kickstarter. They want to support more platforms as they get more money, with Linux being their #2 priority, and other platforms as they get even more money.

They're using the Unity Engine, which has the ability to generate code for basically every platform EXCEPT Linux. It should be almost trivial for them to make their game and then port it to a huge number of platforms (iOS, Android, Mac, Wii, XBLA, etc...) except Linux. It would be very difficult to port the game to Linux after it has already been written for the Unity engine, almost having to rewrite the entire thing using a different engine. This is what I keep talking about: if you have a goal in mind and choose a library that runs directly contrary to that goal you're going to have a bad time.

Back