LDK Full RetroFW V1.2 (JZ4760B) updated latest releases 13/04/19

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by jutleys, Mar 19, 2019.

1. jutleys

jutleys Member

[​IMG]

Latest current Deals:
    RetroMiMi:BITTBOY, LDK & MORE https://retromimi.com/collections/all?aff=5
    Use code 'happy2019' for 20% off a Bittboy!

For people in the UK, LDK , BITTBOY & MORE use code 'DX10' for 10% off here:https://droidbox.co.uk/gaming/retro-gaming-consoles.html?acc=44f683a84163b3523afe57c2e008bc8c

Specs
    Screen: 2.6 inch 4:3 240*320
    CPU: JZ4760B mips
    528mhz-up to 740Mhz
    RAM: 128M DDR2
    Internal memory: 16GB
    Battery: BL-5C 1020 mAh
    lithium battery

Big Thanks to Tony-jih, Steward-Fu ,Ping_Flood,sauce,jbanes,dinosaw_act,benob,jack83,hi-ban,Fontes,m1024 and all the other contributors for all the hard work.

LDK Retrogame this device is basically the same hardware as the latest RS97 systems it has the JZ4760B mips cpu inside.Please use the pre-patched or the base firmwares below you can find support for this device on my website below and my discord channel.

Huge thanks to Fontes Proudly presenting his exclusive skins for LDK (CLEAR or YELLOW) flavours

LDK RetroFW firmware updated latest packages 17/04/19

Revision 2.1 JZ4760B Full FW CLEAR with all ipk files prepatched https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/001. LDK Firmwares/Full Firmware/LDK CLEAR/LDK_RetroFW_Full_CLEAR_V1.2_JZ4760B.img.7z
    [​IMG]

Revision 2.1 JZ4760B Full FW YELLOW with all ipk files prepatched https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/001. LDK Firmwares/Full Firmware/LDK YELLOW/LDK_RetroFW_Full_YELLOW_V1.2_JZ4760B.img.7z
    [​IMG]

Revision 2.1 JZ4760B base FW only no ipk files prepatched
    https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/001. LDK Firmwares/Base Firmware/RetroFW v2.1.7z

Instructions
    • write RetroFW.img above based on your devices coulor (CLEAR or YELLOW) to your internal SD card (the sd card is under the battery)
    using win32diskimager or etcher

• It shouldn't take long. Windows will pop up with those errors, just cancel out of those errors, and safely remove your card reader.

• First boot of your LDK, you'll see the RETROFW image as the boot screen your have to expand the fat32 partition to reclaim the sd card space use any partition tool to resize it.

• It will reboot when it's finished, and then you'll see GmenuNX with all it's stock settings •

LATEST IPK Files here https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/00. Ipk releases/

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 8:49 PM
    Tags:
  2. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Looks to me like a bit of a thumb killer with the buttons put too near the bottom edge for my liking:
    [​IMG]
    Also, MIPS CPU? In this day and age?

3. jutleys

jutleys Member

Here are some videos i made of it today since i got a early dev unit i have released a firmware for it based on RetroFW

crazyhorse likes this.
  4. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

And how do you find the controls? I assume that's you driving it in the last two videos (while the first two are just attract mode type demos I think), and there's a lot of shaking going on, but I don't know if you're using the in-built controls or have plugged in something a little more practical.

5. jutleys

jutleys Member

LDk retrogame system another amazing handheld you can buy it below
    $59.99 https://retromimi.com/products/opendingux-open-source-console?aff=5

Screen: 2.6 inch 4:3 240*320
    CPU: JZ4760B mips 528mhz-740mhz
    RAM: 128M DDR2 Internal memory: 16GB
    Battery: BL-5C 1020 mAh lithium battery
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 19, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 19, 2019 ---
    The controls are great very portable device the dpad is nice too

6. jutleys

jutleys Member

levi likes this.
  7. jutleys

jutleys Member

These are great devices and i can honestly say i much prefer this over the RS97 now.

8. jutleys

jutleys Member

9. SNESFAN

SNESFAN Retro game fanatic

Just got one of these this evening. This thing is damn impressive in terms of build quality and controls. The performance is up there with a pandora clocked at 600mhz which is plenty fine for GBA, SNES, NES, GB, SEGA systems. I haven't updated the firmware on it or really pushed it to it's limits, but so far... EXTREMELY impressed with this.

For whatever reason, dpad on these Chinese handhelds always got something wrong on them, like catchy, mushy not enough travel etc, I really can't complain with this at all, 2nd to the pandora or a official nintendo controller, it's really that good. ABXY and start/select are all good similar quality to dpad, L&R are clicky if you like that, not too stiff like I heard in another review. Dedicated up/down menu buttons and power switch are positive addition over other handhelds. 2 microSD card slots, and easily accessible internal are great features to have. Love the fact it uses a standard Nokia BL-5B 1000mah battery, you can pick replacements up on amazon/ebay for dirt cheap. One of the first handhelds from over there to include opendingux out of the box, no goofy menu system, and not actually include pirated ROMs, super impressed with that.

The bad things, the reach for L&R is a tiny weird, but not a show stopper. The lack of a 'chin' under the buttons is a little weird at first, but I'm already getting used to how to hold it in the hands. Volume wheel seems to have a extremely small tolerance for min/max but that might be a software problem. LED light at the top of the clear case bleed quite a bit but I guess that's to be expected with a clear case. Battery cover appears sort of loosely fit to cover the removeable battery, but it closes and doesn't pop out, could have been tighter is all. Device is mono speaker, would have liked stereo but for a mono speaker it's not too bad at all.

Overall for $60, I think you are getting your money's worth if you want something small to fit in your pocket to play older games.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019 at 1:11 AM
  10. jutleys

jutleys Member

LDK Full RetroFW V1.2 (JZ4760B) updated latest releases 13/04/19

11. jutleys

jutleys Member

Fontes exclusive LDK theme has been released along with LDK updated firmwares today (clear and yellow) they have their own firmware downloads choose the appropriate one that matched your devices color.