Last Fm

Mr Wendal

Still Fresh
Possible? I know it isn`t open source, but there is a linux port. Also, other media players like Amarok can play Last FM streams ...

Would be awesome on the go. Sorry if it isn`t remotely possible and a stupid question, I`m a noob and know nothing about coding.

Very possilble. And the last.fm player and scrobbler are open source.

The scrobbling is no problem at all, many players support it.

chad78 said:
Wouldn't it be better to get Pandora to work on the Pandora?
It's closed source, but might be usable through flash (since it uses openlaszlo). But it's only available in the US, so many won't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of Linux Media Players have Last.FM Support. Amarok, Rhythmbox, Exaile,etc. Even Elisa has support for Last.FM, so yes it will very likely work.

CyruzDraxs said:
Musicovery is far superior to Last.FM and Pandora.

just tried it, but it slows my browser down to an almost freeze. Can't even get to the point where it starts playing music. I'm at work though so kinda stuck to IE, maybe that makes a difference.

The interface looks promising though, think ill give it a try at home.

But last.fm rules :p

whiskthecat said:
chad78 said:
Wouldn't it be better to get Pandora to work on the Pandora?

+1

Yea, I've looked into this, actually. Apparently, the communications between the Flash interface and the main servers are very very easy to decode.

Unfortunately, without reverse engineering the protocol used, you'll get no farther than free MP3's on your desktop. :(

Back