Kof Modding

Fire_Blade

i heard that you can put in new fighters and backgrounds in kof 91, is this true and if it is where can i find some

You can use any graphic as long as it is saved as a .pcx (preferably fairly large as this dictates the fighting space) and .mod music in the mod folder.

I customised mine with the Prodigy music, backgrounds etc.. although not sure if it works with recent versions.

i love the prodigy, how big are those files? could you put it on the internet so i can download them or send it to me via msn

how do i make that mugen characters can be played in kof gp32

the backgrounds i downloaded have a .mid file instead of .mod and i can't play them, what do i have to do to make them into .mod and that they work

yep. The background has to be something like pic1.pcx and the corresponding .mod music (in the midi folder) would have to be pic1.mod in order for it to work.

oh, and what happens if you don't have a .mod file for a level can you still play it or not

Not sure. Never done it without a music file. But theres plenty of music from the Mod Archive linked above. Just rename it to the same name as the picture you want to use and it should work

EDIT:

Prodigy Theme for KOF91:

Prodigy.zip Copy to "SKINS" directory and select at start screen by pressing "R" and going to Config.

bkgds.zip Unzip to "BKGDS" folder

Midi.zip Unzip to "MIDI" folder

I pulled this off one of my rotting DVDs (it was in my dirty sock basket from when I threw it across the room out of frustration :))

title.jpg

Unfortunately no, you can make .mod music using "Tracker" software. (Look for Protracker).

The GP is not powerful enough to play KOF91 and play MP3 at the same time.

Back