Kof 91 V1.4 Beta

rtb7

Certified Guru
Website
www.geocities.com
Becareful : it crashes sometimes (more often using intro/ending intros, so disable them in config menu).

What's new ?

Full screen
Jump over
Faster loadings
Demo mode (starting when waiting too much on title screen)

Please, send me your feedback on this version (mail or forum).

Thor

NICEEE, hmm, JUMP OVER meanings that u can change side ,jump over other character no??

i was just wondering how many characters and backgrounds are ppl putting into their games w/o taking too much space from the other stuff for their GP32's

and what characters and backgrounds are the ones u guys like the most?

I'm not worrying about numbers of backgrounds, to be honest - they're not that big. Characters, on the other hand, I stick to about 10 for; that doesn't take too much space :)

BTW: Thor: Any chance you could add an option that starts with a random background in the selector screen? Its annoying to move between them, so I tend to always just end up using the same ones. Random background'd mean I could be lazy *and* fight in different places :D

thor, you can add a better colision detector for all punchs and kicks, and the posibility of making combos, so if you get theses, it will be the best app on gp32!!!

Good work, thx Thor.

aguirrech posted on Mar 27 2004 at 12:27 AM said:
thor, you can add a better colision detector for all punchs and kicks, and the posibility of making combos, so if you get theses, it will be the best app on gp32!!!

Good work, thx Thor.
I'm trying to tighten up the hit boxes to help him out. However, this has to be done on a character by character basis so it's going slow. There's ways to cheat the engine to make combos and charge command (like Guile) attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe not the best place to ask this but is there any site with a good guide for setting KOF91 up? It doesn't seem to create it's folders automatically and I can't find any documentation to say where everything goes. After searching for ages I found there has to be a sprites folder, bkgrnds folder and midi. what else do i need?

Works very well. Loads fast. (I've tried Juggernaut vs. Hulk) and is full screen! Hasnt crashed on me yet. (I have 25+ characters loaded). :)

If you have problems setting up KOF91 on the GP32 get the full install roughly 5MB and unzip direct to SMC if you have a reader or to a separate folder and copy across with PC link. This file just replaces the main program file and is not the game itself.

RichyX posted on Mar 27 2004 at 03:33 PM said:
Maybe not the best place to ask this but is there any site with a good guide for setting KOF91 up? It doesn't seem to create it's folders automatically and I can't find any documentation to say where everything goes. After searching for ages I found there has to be a sprites folder, bkgrnds folder and midi. what else do i need?
In another post in this forum, he posted a full zip of it with all files. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=7251&st=0&hl= You should just need to unzip it.

lizard808uk posted on Mar 27 2004 at 02:22 PM said:
If you have problems setting up KOF91 on the GP32 get the full install roughly 5MB and unzip direct to SMC if you have a reader or to a separate folder and copy across with PC link. This file just replaces the main program file and is not the game itself.
I already know that it just replaces the main program file. I've had this problem with every version of KOF 91, except the first one.

Would it be possible to include midi-support, because I can't find any good mods (I want kof98 sounds).
Or can anyone tell me where to get a good midi 2 mod converter ( I tried ptmid3 and modplug)?

you can change the way the sounds are in the game?
:blink:
if so please let me know how cause i would like to have better sounds for my characters and better music :)

To change sound(musix) just replace .MOD files in the folder "midi" with your own tunes (use the same name).

AZURE: contact me, I will check your config with you to find what's wrong.

Thor

Back