Kknd Is St00pid

kknd_cf

La vieille dame et les pigeons
Website
Visit site
Alright Christmas is coming up and I have a keyboard, mouse, monitor and speakers. I have £530 to buy a new PC. I don't need an OS and a 80gb hardrive will do (planning on getting an external one soon). I've been waiting over a year to play hl2. Price me up the best gaming PC you can get for that price and give me the url of the UK-based site I can buy it off. Much thanks.

11272306177886li.gif

Gif added to make fun for everyone.

£530 is over a $1000, so you should get a very good machine(monitor, too?)

not good with Uk sites, but a great vid card, esp for hl2, is an x800gto/gto2. some of them can be unlocked to x850xtpes i think. i know they go for sub $200 price. you should be able to couple that with an a64 3500+ as well as 1gb dual-chan-mem. how much more expensive are these parts in Uk shops?

I am also not good with UK sites, but I just bought a new computer for less than $1000Cdn., which should be right in your price range (you'll probably have additional money for better components, too). It's not the meanest gaming machine on the block, but I'm sure it'll play HL2. You want me to list the components I used?

try www.novatech.co.uk

I built a machine up the other day on their for £400 area and specs were -

Asus Nforce4 PCI-E Mo/bo
AMD 64bit 3200+ Socket 939
Geforece 6600GT XFX
1GB (2x 512mb) DDR400 Corsair Ram
200GB SATA Maxtor Drive

I am also not good with UK sites, but I just bought a new computer for less than $1000Cdn., which should be right in your price range (you'll probably have additional money for better components, too). It's not the meanest gaming machine on the block, but I'm sure it'll play HL2. You want me to list the components I used?
Shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot.

AMD Athlon64 3200+ socket 939
Asus A8N-E Socket 939 NForce4 with audio, SATA, RAID and GB ethernet
Asus Extreme N6600 256MB
2x512MB Kingston PC3200 400MHz RAM
Maxtor 200GB SATA hard drive (7200 RPM, 16MB Cache)
Lite-on DVD-R/RW (Dual Layer) Burner
Lite-on DVD-ROM
Case w/400W power supply

Not the fastest machine ever, but not bad for the money. I bought a cheaper case (less than $100Cdn., power supply included) because on my budget spending upwards of $200 on a case would have been insane and I wouldn't have gained a whole lot from the extra money spent anyway. You could also save around $100 (not sure what that is in pounds) with an 80GB IDE hard drive vs. what I spent and put that into a better video card or a faster processor. The whole thing cost $973Cdn. including 7% GST but I bought it at a local computer shop so yours might cost a bit more with shipping and depending on what the VAT works out to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back