Just Pre-ordered!

Oh we know
W1RZ7hS.png

Welcome aboard! :D

Lucky you, @Kippykip I am still saving up money to preorder a Pyra.... almost there...

money.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about Pyra pre-order (I read the FAQ but didn't find the answer; I never bought something through downpayment so ...) and I don't want to sound petty, or something like that, but can someone tell me whether I would pay the same (in the end) if I pre-ordered it as if ordering it when in stock, or less? Thank you in advance.

Thank you for your quick reply. Just to be certain that I translated properly enough a question that I had in my mind into English: are you saying that the final price will be the same for all (for certain period ...) - those who used a pre-order (and completed the payment after shipping) and those that will buy it later? Sorry for complicating but I am familiar with such pre-orders that give some discount, that's why I had to ask.

If you buy a pre-order what you actually receive is a shop voucher than you can use against the final thing, so it's guaranteed that if the thing finally comes to market, the price you'll pay is the shop price less the downpayment amount. The shop price will probably drop over the years if the Pyra becomes something of a success, and sells at least 3 times the number of units thus far preordered, but I don't think I'd be able to hold out using my voucher once I started seeing some of the stuff people are doing on their Pyras!

Now, it's still not guaranteed the Pyra will actually come to market - it's possible they can't resolve this latest issue, which limits what the device can actually do, and preorders might dry up, and so on. But this is just the latest in a long line of issues that have already been solved, so I don't know how likely that is. But to my understanding, the pre-order voucher could actually be redeemed against an order of anything else on ED's dragonbox shop, if the Pyra project did fail in the end.

I just preordered as well, well some days ago. I have an Nvidia Shield portable which I like for many things but it is getting less and less care from Nvidia (i.e. it still runs 5.1.1) and has no 4G module or USB port.

Back