Jump start your Pandora!

Would be fun if you could "wind up" the loading screen, I dunno if that would even be possible perhaps with some overclocking dependant on battery power. But probably not so safe...

Would it be possible to build a water current generator ? :)

Free panda energy if you live near a river!

It would also be nice if that device contains a cartwheel with a weight in it, so that one spin results into multiple rotations, that saves a lot of strain on the human wrist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll tell you one thing - if the P2 could somehow passively charge itself by being in contact with your body / shaking or some other means I would buy it almost without thinking. :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Maybe a solarpanel on the lid. Just leave it at your window andafter some hours its charged :)

Heh, I just did that to charge my gps tracker while I was hiking in Iceland. However, as the guys from OLPC said, a crank is not the best idea, it doesn’t use much of the availbale muscle power. Better would be to pull a long string repeatedly. I guess one could even fasten the generator to his belt and the end of the string to his shoe, so current would be made while walking. I also thought about some sort of foldable wind turbine made of parachute fabric.

I'll tell you one thing - if the P2 could somehow passively charge itself by being in contact with your body / shaking or some other means I would buy it almost without thinking. :)
You would also charge it without thinking.

I'll tell you one thing - if the P2 could somehow passively charge itself by being in contact with your body / shaking or some other means I would buy it almost without thinking.
You would also charge it without thinking.

Heh. True. ;)

Pandora 2 - Thinks so u don't have to!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Heh, I just did that to charge my gps tracker while I was hiking in Iceland. However, as the guys from OLPC said, a crank is not the best idea, it doesn’t use much of the availbale muscle power. Better would be to pull a long string repeatedly. I guess one could even fasten the generator to his belt and the end of the string to his shoe, so current would be made while walking. I also thought about some sort of foldable wind turbine made of parachute fabric.

cranking is clearly not the best way to charge anything , but when out of electricity, its better than nothing :) we loose power frequently here in America :)

cranking is clearly not the best way to charge anything , but when out of electricity, its better than nothing we loose power frequently here in America

I lost power about 6 times in the last 12 years where I live. I guess not everywhere in america..

Last edited by a moderator:

cranking is clearly not the best way to charge anything , but when out of electricity, its better than nothing :) we loose power frequently here in America :)
I've lost Power once in the past year and then only for 10 seconds I must be lucky also what type of motor pickle is that ?

I've lost Power once in the past year and then only for 10 seconds I must be lucky also what type of motor pickle is that ?

its the

Etón American Red Cross CLIPRAY ARCCR100R_SNG USB Cell Phone Charger with Hand Crank LED Flashlight (Red)

http://www.amazon.com/American-CLIPRAY-ARCCR100R_SNG-Charger-Flashlight/dp/B003BYROUQ

Back