Release Juicy Blue Nuggets Of Pandora...

techFreak

Website
Visit site
Hi all,

Bluetooth is running on Pandora. ;)

pan_Bluetooth.jpg

pan_Bluetooth2.jpg

More to come later!

Looks like the LCD constraints have led us to secure some from Nokia?

(j/k)

Cool man! Nice work.

Hmm... can't help but to notice that the Pandora is identified as a generic BT device.

I think it would be cool to have it identify as a :pandora1: :lol:

Although we would have to hack every phone in the world to insert the ID icon :p

Just out of curiosity, what exactly causes a device to be identified as either [computer] or [phone] or [generic]?

...so does this mean theoretically we can use the wiimote + peripherals to act as a lightgun in some emulated games?

Always nice to see progress :rolleyes:
Keep up the good work !!

aaron11193 said:
Just out of curiosity, what exactly causes a device to be identified as either [computer] or [phone] or [generic]?
A "number" (hex-code ?) in the settings file. So you can have other devices recognise your Pandora as a phone if you'd want to. My Pandora will be recognised as a computer (laptop).

Last edited by a moderator:
aaron11193 said:
Hmm... can't help but to notice that the Pandora is identified as a generic BT device.

I think it would be cool to have it identify as a :pandora1: :lol:

Although we would have to hack every phone in the world to insert the ID icon :p

my guess would be the types of bluetooth services it provides, and whether it identifies as host or client (pandora should have both I think?)

jakshep2 said:
...so does this mean theoretically we can use the wiimote + peripherals to act as a lightgun in some emulated games?
Maybe if someone makes a Sensor bar to Usb peripheral... I don't know how that will work though... :huh:

flash101 said:
Maybe if someone makes a Sensor bar to Usb peripheral... I don't know how that will work though... :huh:

The sensor bar is simply two groups of LEDs. It doesn't actively communicate with the Wiimote at all. You could power one through USB easily, or even have a small one handy that is battery powered. If you're really hard-pressed, you can even use two candles a few feet apart as a sensor bar xD

Bahhh we should have asked for two IR LEDs in the top corners of the Pandora... few cents more for ultimate Wiimote-age!

fr4n said:
Is the Wifi/Bluetooth chip still shrouded in NDA mystery?
I don't care, as long as the drivers and the apps using it actually work! :)

and yeah, getting the pandora to work with the wiimote is going to be fun :p

it's actually going to be very useful if one can connect a ps3 controller wirelessly to the pandora, because it's going to be so good for playing multiplayer! B)
don't you guys think?

Back