Joystick d-pad new kernel?

FelixNemis

Very Active Member
Is there some way to map the D-pad to a joystick when using the 3.2 kernel as "game_button_mode" is only for the old kernel.

It is pretty much required to play openlierox nicely

game_button_mode was removed because it's too problematic to maintain and port over when updating kernels. Can't openlierox be patched instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
game_button_mode was removed because it's too problematic to maintain and port over when updating kernels. Can't openlierox be patched instead?
I understand and agree:

I was just wondering if there is any way to do this aside from the game_button_mode method.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please post if it works good for you. Then I can package it properly and upload to the repo.

Please post if it works good for you. Then I can package it properly and upload to the repo.
It works great, everything works fine as far as I can tell, unfortunately it can only remap the joysticks (not the d-pad) so it's not what I'm looking for atm.

I don't know how the input is handled on the pandora but would a port of http://code.google.com/p/autokey/ work for remapping keyboard keys (which would include the D-pad and face buttons)

I used it when playing Duke Nukem 3D on the Pandora to get dual analog, and dual analog is something people like to have on the Pandora. So yeah you should put it on the repo :)

Back