Jolla TOHKBD

bzar

A Commando
Website
Visit site
Kickstarter (not live)

Any other Jolla owners here? Getting one of these?

I'm backing this, though I'm relatively certain they'll miss their stated deadlines :p

"All that is left is preparing and optimizing all parts for large scale production!"

comradekingu brought this to my attention, and I think it is pretty cool.  I don't really need a fone, but at times it would be helpful, especially if it has a keyboard.  I am considering going for something older, or something that provides that option, like this, but I don't know if a Jolla would be usable here.  I know there are bluetooth keyboards available, but they don't exactly fit my needs/wants (or pockets).  I am trying to hold off until the Pyra is released, but I suspect I will need something in the next few months.  At least Jolla didn't go for something huge.  I prefer something around the size of the N900 or smaller.  

I would love to hear some reviews from people here if they do manage to get in your hands in April.

maybe i'll buy one when they come out at a decent price tio poke around with.

Tho i like my android phone, has served my needs well

Jolla is a courageous company, building phones based on a real linux OS (sailfish). My ex GF works there (I'm so proud of her). This keyboard is exactly what the phone needed for geek/prosumer use.

Seems the kickstarter preview has gone offline. Probably doing final preparations before opening.

B1bdC-sIYAAXpVe.jpg

source

Wow, I have been keeping an eye on the Neo900 for a while but i love to have this one as well. I need a phone with a keyboard and this combination looks like a winner. 

The only problem is that it can take a while before it will be available (and it can fail). I saw you can buy the Jolla tohkbd and get 100E discount on a Jolla.  

That basically means get the tohkbd for free and play with a Jolla without keyboard until it arrives.

Hmmm... need to think about that.  

Very tempting! I was really hoping that jolla would make a slider but this seems to fill that need without being too bulky.

Back