Jeff Minter

andyhamer

Does anyone know if Minter is aware of the Pandora or if any of the devs have contacted him regarding potential projects? - i have loved all his stuff from Attack Of The Mutant Camels onwards, bought a Jaguar just for Tempest 2000 something unique for Pandora or even a port for that matter, would be incredible and a huge coup for the Pandora (wouldn't hurt it's profile either) it seems like it would appeal to Minter's ethos.
Regards to all:
KEEP THE FAITH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe_R787gREc

Tempest 2000 is avaiable for pandora through Jaguar-Emulation.

An original creation on the Pandora would be Kick Ass! :lol: I loved Vektar on the GP2X, and it had a strong Minter feel!

Chris

Yes, Yak (and Gilesgoat too) is aware of the Pandora. I don't know if he will be developing for it - he's very much into XNA at the moment.

D.

craigix said:
He is a living curse.

It's tragic but true.

Dare I ask exactly what you mean? Have you ever worked with him? I can't help but wonder exactly what qualities would generate that kind of attitude from those who know him/know about him... :blink:

Then again, I don't mean to pry, so ignore the question if you prefer. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
skyeyemachine said:
craigix said:
He is a living curse.

It's tragic but true.

Dare I ask exactly what you mean? Have you ever worked with him? I can't help but wonder exactly what qualities would generate that kind of attitude from those who know him/know about him... :blink:

Then again, I don't mean to pry, so ignore the question if you prefer. :p

I love Jeff Minters work. He is a legend. But when he codes for things, they tend to fail. It's probably some sort of coincidence.

However, Atari would had never got my Jaguar sale if it had not been for Tempest 2000. There's that.

Well, we all know that llamasoft is still kicking and they've just released an iphone game, so the worst case scenario is to contact him and get rejected I guess...

I remember meeting him at some computer trade show many years ago and he looked like he'd just been transported out of some 70's sit-com. I think he was wearing some kind of dead animal.

I digress.

Anyhow he has a good track record of supporting unusual or different hardware projects and his work is pretty cool. It couldn't hurt to mail him some info and his support and/or recognition would generate some free publicity.

It does say this on the press page

Business Developement

Llamasoft has a long and proud history of working with some of the best publishing partners in the business, most notably Atari and Microsoft, delivering top-quality software, high tie-in rates and critical acclaim. We're currently in the process of finalising some exciting new projects, but we're always interested in hearing about new opportunities.

http://www.llamasoft.co.uk/press.php

I hope the smell of death that follows him around has abated somewhat!

:)

rick

skyeyemachine said:
Dare I ask exactly what you mean?

In the 90s he became associated with the demise of the Jaguar and then the Nuon. Then there was a prematurely hyped thing for the Gamecube that never materialised, and the Gamecube wafted off into early retirement.

I blame the Llamas myself.

It exist already a very good Tempest version for Win and Linux. Maybe Craig or Evil Dragon could contact him.

http://typhoon.kuto.de/shots.html

If anyone could get hold of Matthew Smith, lock him in a room and force him to make a new exclusive game for the pandora, the world would be a better place. Maybe not for Matthew Smith, but then who cares about him?

I loved Tempest 2000!

I purchased a Jaguar back in 1995 when they went on Clearance for $69!!!! I picked up Tempest & went home & played all night.

I also scored a 3DO super cheap.. but eventually sold my Jag & 3DO to put money towards a Nintendo 64!

I last year went on ebay & tracked down a Jaguar & some of the "better" games.

I love the Jaguar, not sure why.... but man I can play Tempest all night still, excellent game.

If we can not get minter to code for the Pandora, I am very anxious to see how the Jaguar emulator comes along so I can play Tempest 2K on it!!!

This game looks great
Typhoon 2001
screen_t2k1_ingame_4.jpg

It says it can run on Linux 2.6.x with X11 and hardware accelerated OpenGL drivers... how hard would it be to convert to run on Pandora linux????

kevin J Icon> I doesn't seem to be opensource to me... it definitely won't work with X86 binary. You would need the author to port this over. There will probably be a need to Opengl ES support too. If it's really closed source, unless the author ports it it will not happen.

Back