JDownloader

maddis

Website
www.ringtonesheep.co.uk
I have had a look and can't see that anyone has mentioned if JDownloader has been ported yet. I use Jdownloader a lot, especially to view youtube videos and to download large documents i am sent via the internet.

For all of you that don't know what JDownloader is, its the best easy to use downloader for sites like rapidshare and filesonic, and takes advantage of entering the captcha without the need to be spammed with lots of adverts.

http://jdownloader.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get it running, you should switch the theme to GTK ASAP. The other themes can cause serious performance issues, especially with OpenJDK.

I resurrect this thread to say that JDownloader 2 is working great.

I'm using a 512Mb swap file, but seems like it can work without it, actually is using just 30 Mb with 18 downloads in list.

Here the instructions if someone needs them:

1) Download the JDownloader.jar file (this is JDownloader2 BETA)

2) THIS IS IMPORTANT !!! Put the .jar file in your SD or USB stick INTO A FOLDER (like "jdownloader")

3) Download and install the JAVA PND from the REPO

4) To launch it, open a terminal and do "java -jar /media/<YOUR SD/USB>/<jdownloader folder>/JDownloader.jar"

The first run will be VERY long, it will download all the updates and will create all the needed files.

The cool thing is that once it's installed, you can run the program even on Windows/Mac from the same SD/USB stick, maintaining all your previous configuration/download lists.

I resurrect this thread to say that JDownloader 2 is working great.

I'm using a 512Mb swap file, but seems like it can work without it, actually is using just 30 Mb with 18 downloads in list.

Here the instructions if someone needs them:

1) Download the JDownloader.jar file (this is JDownloader2 BETA)

2) THIS IS IMPORTANT !!! Put the .jar file in your SD or USB stick INTO A FOLDER (like "jdownloader")

3) Download and install the JAVA PND from the REPO

4) To launch it, open a terminal and do "java -jar /media/<YOUR SD/USB>/<jdownloader folder>/JDownloader.jar"

The first run will be VERY long, it will download all the updates and will create all the needed files.

The cool thing is that once it's installed, you can run the program even on Windows/Mac from the same SD/USB stick, maintaining all your previous configuration/download lists.
Why don't you make a PND out of it ?

imho jdownloader is way to  hungry on system resources on my pandora. I cannot imagine to run this in background  on the pandora.

An alternative in my eyes is http://pyload.org/this one runs headless on my raspberry. Maybe pyload could be ported ;)

Why don't you make a PND out of it ?
Why ? It is already portable at the best, it's just one file that is an "all in one" installer/updater/launcher and puts everything in it's folder without settings needed... except for selecting your preferred default folder for the downloads...

@Willhelm: I don't use it in background, I connect my PC to a VNC session with the Pandora, and every link I copy to the clipboard from the PC is automatically recognized from the Pandora, then I can turn off the PC and the Pandora will continue all the downloads, silently.

imho jdownloader is way to hungry on system resources on my pandora. I cannot imagine to run this in background on the pandora.

An alternative in my eyes is http://pyload.org/this one runs headless on my raspberry. Maybe pyload could be ported ;)
interesting.

did not look at the code, yet, but this seems to be pure python. so it should run on the pandora. even if the gui should use something weird the webinterface should work.

i will look into it and maybe build a .pnd.

imho jdownloader is way to  hungry on system resources on my pandora. I cannot imagine to run this in background  on the pandora.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - don't have a Pandora anymore (unfortunately), but will definitely install it on my server

after a first quick look:

no special dependancies. will test and package it this evening...

If anyone is using JD2 have they got the youtube *date* to work?

Yeah I found that.

Turns out the *date* feature is broken to download YT video's with the format "2015 04 17 - Name" you have to use *date_time[yyyy MM dd] - *

libcurl and curl-config are giving me a hard time. will need to check this out in a dev env.

Back