Jailbreaking a ps vita.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Is it worth it? Has anyone here done it?

Im feeling a need to play shmups on the go.

I get the feeling im really gonna enjoy the pyra, when its released.

For now, i might try some emulators on my vita.

My opinion vita has nothing but alot of bad indie games.

Obviously i could google this stuff, but thought id ask here first.

Any emulator recommendations? Vitas can be jailbroken right?

@ Khan:  I thought you have a Pandora.  The Pandora is way better emulation machine than the Vita and much less headache....

Is PS Vita dead?
For me, it is. Soldner x2 shmup was good though. Too easy though and an annoying pick-up medal system, to unlock additional levels. Whatever happened to ' you beat a level and this unlocks the next level and so on and so forth.

Might jailbreak it then.

It's a nice machine.  It's just Sony sucks at bringing games to it.  I have 3 of them.  One opened awaiting for good games but have been disappointed so far.  Tried some homebrew but too much headaches as firmware keep updating and break stuff.  Two are still brandnew special editions sealed in their boxes.  That was why they have been collecting dusts since I've gotten the Pandora.

My understanding is that hacking a vita gives you access to psp homebrew only.

Still, if you don't have another portable console, there are great emulators on the psp.

I have replaced my iControlpad + mobile android phone by a psp Go and couldn't be happier. The psp go is basically the same size and weight and it plays a lot of flawless emulators, not eating my phone's battery.

My only problem with PSPgo is the expensive M2 memory card :(
Can you not now buy memory stick adapters where you can fit micro SD cards inside? I've seen them for sale on Amazon for sizes up to 32gb

Size problem.

sandiskmicrosd-sb.jpg

Not your fault. Sony made this propriety M2 card, because they suck.
Yes, this and the shitty USB port on the console. The machine would have been perfect with µUSB and µSD.

Still I love it. The screen is great, the size and weight are awesome. I got it last christmas for 50€ + 15€ for a 8GB card. Total of 16+8 GB of storage, I have my emulation needs + native PSP games covered.

Back