Jagged Alliance 2 Strac On Pandora

quartercast

jaggedalliance2.jpg

I don't know if anyone's bothered before, but I've managed to build a working binary of Jagged Alliance 2 Stracciatella using the bollocks method on Debian.

It's game I really love and I've always wanted to play it on my Pandora. It plays well with sounds, speech, music, cinematics etc working. Only problem is I can't get fullscreen mode working yet – but I'm stoked for now :)

Here's a couple of pictures for you (can't figure out how to grab screenshots on Debian yet!)

Battlefield screen
p3210002.jpg

Map screen
p3210005.jpg

Is it possible for me to create a PND of this on debian? Would it even be compatible with angstrom?

Anyways, time to take out the trash :)

Jup. Possible.

Use ldd or similiar commands to check the dependencies of the game and copy all the libraries it requires including the game executable...

Then wrap it in a PND file and add a launcher script which sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH, forces it into fullscreen and use framebuffer commands to stretch the image.

Should work.

Never played these guys .. but pretty sweet looking screenies. I may have to investigate :)

Making a pnd is certainly possible and shoudln't be too hard; dive in ;)

jeff

quartercast said:
Only problem is I can't get fullscreen mode working yet – but I'm stoked for now :)
from the source, the binary have a -fullscreen switch ;)

good finding, look nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Coldbird said:
Jup. Possible.

Use ldd or similiar commands to check the dependencies of the game and copy all the libraries it requires including the game executable...

Then wrap it in a PND file and add a launcher script which sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH, forces it into fullscreen and use framebuffer commands to stretch the image.

Should work.

Thanks Coldy, ldd worked a treat, I even found a script to copy each lib to a dir.
Any tips on framebuffer commands?

skeezix said:
Never played these guys .. but pretty sweet looking screenies. I may have to investigate :)

Making a pnd is certainly possible and shoudln't be too hard; dive in ;)

jeff

Sure I'll give it a go, it's a fantastic game I'd love for others to be able to play.

sebt3 said:
quartercast said:
Only problem is I can't get fullscreen mode working yet – but I'm stoked for now :)
from the source, the binary have a -fullscreen switch ;)

good finding, look nice

Cheers - I know about the fullscreen switch, unfortunately it causes LXDE to reboot. Do I need to change the monitor res first before launching the binary?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, this sounds great, I really enjoy the Jagged Alliance 2 games. If this comes to a complete state, I'll be sure to donate.

Back