I've Just Noticed A Major Problem With The Headphone Jack. What Do

Phil

FAPPO!
Website
Visit site
I can't believe I haven't noticed this sooner, I've had my 2x pretty much since launch, I put in headphones and the speakers don't turn off. they do if I twiddle the pack in the socket but the problem returns as soon as I take my hand off it.

So what do I do next?

Ask for a repair? A replacement?

Try and fix it myself (Me thinks this is a bad idea)

Any ideas? I think this is a slightly common problem how did anyone else solve it?

Phil posted on Jul 13 2006 at 09:41 AM said:
I can't believe I haven't noticed this sooner, I've had my 2x pretty much since launch, I put in headphones and the speakers don't turn off. they do if I twiddle the pack in the socket but the problem returns as soon as I take my hand off it.

So what do I do next?

Ask for a repair? A replacement?

Try and fix it myself (Me thinks this is a bad idea)

Any ideas? I think this is a slightly common problem how did anyone else solve it?
I believe this is a common problem with the earlier models, it has to deal with a bad solder joint if I recall. You just need to add more solder. If you look around on the forum you will see some more posts on it.
You might be able to send it in for repair, I hear most places are good about it but have never done it. I'm sure someone else will respond with more info.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this problem myself. I am ok at soldering so I fixed it myself. It just takes a little bit of solder. Really only takes a little bit of time if you know how to solder. I recommend that if you know anyone personally that is close to let them look at it. They could solder it back on pretty easily. I guess you could find an electronics repair shop and see if they can do it for a cheap cheap price, as it really isn't much work. Another option is if you know anyone with a solder kit practicing on some crap electronics doing some soldering then when you feel comfortable going for it on your gp2x. I hope any of my rambling is helpful. Sorry to hear you have the same problem most of us have run into.

Oh god I've just realised this is in the gp32 section, how onearth did that happen I feel like such a dunce!!

I've got a good grasp on soldering can you give me a run through on what to do?

(could someone move this to the 2x section please?)

Phil posted on Jul 13 2006 at 12:39 PM said:
Oh god I've just realised this is in the gp32 section, how onearth did that happen I feel like such a dunce!!

I've got a good grasp on soldering can you give me a run through on what to do?

(could someone move this to the 2x section please?)

basically open the system up and look to where the headphone section is in the top left-centerish of the system, the headphone port has 4 solders on it, there is 1 on the left and 3 on the right, the one of the left has the fracture on the connection, just take a little bit of solder to that and its fixed, hope it helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Back