issue width the left nub

sebyshade

Still Fresh
Hi, is there already a solution for the issue width the nubs? I recieved my pandora (1ghz) yesterday and have a problem width the left nub. It always works fine after reboot, but after some minutes of using it the nub isn't registering top-left fully anymore. Besides that, i'm very happy width the pandora.

Try giving the nub a good workout, i.e. spend 10 mins with the unit switched off just rotating it in alternate directions. This worked for me.

Does the physical feel of the nub movement change in any way when it is in the top left position?

A general question to ED / Firmware devs : Why does it almost always seem to be the left nub that is causing problems?

Is there the possibility of a firmware issue or is it that people notice it more because the left nub is used for mouse movement by default?

From a personal perspective I had to return 2 Pandoras under warranty for repair of the left nub and sometimes (once a month or so) the left nub of my current unit will become unresponsive at the extremes of movement requiring the unit to be rebooted (i.e. auto calibration seems to stop working). When using the input tester I've never seen a problem with the right nub on my Pandora. I know there have been cases where the right nub has caused problems but my gut feel is that there is something statistically significant in the numbers of faulty left nubs compared to right nubs. Guess ED's RMA records would show if my gut feel is correct.

Still having this problem myself. It's almost definitely not a hardware issue and it certainly is <not> happening to the right nub, only the left. I tried changing the analog input of Mupen to the right nub and it worked as it should. I'm working on testing Android to see if the error persists inside it.

This is the only problem I've been having with my Pandora but its become excessively annyoing; N64 games are completely unplayable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lefty loosey righty tighty. :p  

I had this left nub problem on ocassion after my unit was in mass storage. I did the 'nub dance' with the unit off [with vigor] a few times for about 10mins.. Knock on wood, since then no problems.

Also my right nub would not mouse click. Again since then no problems. Been 2 weeks now.

Last edited:
Still having this problem myself. It's almost definitely not a hardware issue and it certainly is <not> happening to the right nub, only the left. I tried changing the analog input of Mupen to the right nub and it worked as it should. I'm working on testing Android to see if the error persists inside it.

This is the only problem I've been having with my Pandora but its become excessively annyoing; N64 games are completely unplayable.
I'm playing N64 games width the dpad now and it works well for me. I also played around width the calibration values in the mupen config file:

CALIB LEFT[0]=1.0

CALIB LEFT[1]=1.0

CALIB LEFT[2]=0.0

CALIB LEFT[3]=0.0

Using this values the left nub works well for me, but i prefer playing n64 games width the dpad

I'm playing N64 games width the dpad now and it works well for me. I also played around width the calibration values in the mupen config file:

CALIB LEFT[0]=1.0

CALIB LEFT[1]=1.0

CALIB LEFT[2]=0.0

CALIB LEFT[3]=0.0

Using this values the left nub works well for me, but i prefer playing n64 games width the dpad
Even Mario 64?

CALIB LEFT[0]=1.0

CALIB LEFT[1]=1.0

CALIB LEFT[2]=0.0

CALIB LEFT[3]=0.0

I can confirm this clears up all the issues I have with n64 games.. Now only if this could be applied to other games.

Back