Issue while charging battery

Solstar

i ahve this issue since day 1,but i decided to talk about it only now.basically,once i plug in the charger(a psp one,not the original one,since ibought it second hand and it didn't come with one),the pandora charges itself ok until 88%...reached that point,it just stops recharging.the only thing i can do is unplug the charger and plug it on again.and after some seconds(sometimes it takes mores times)it charges again.sometimes though,it does the same once it reach 95 % more or less.what can it be?

You can use System Info (it's on the repo) to get more accurate charging logs to see what is going on. Either you could use a new battery, or the battery gauge somehow produces poorly calibrated data. To fix the latter, you can try doing a few cycles of full discharge, power off for a few hours, full charge, power off for a few hours, repeat.

hmm i tried doing that and same result.the weird thing is that when using slackware,the battery charges normally,and it lasts longer!!why ?!

Are you somehow booting an old 2.x kernel? You can check by typing "uname -a" in a terminal.

Back