Is there a (working)Mugen for slackware?

Solstar

mugen is a figthing game engine where you can use srptire ripped fron other fighting games.its currentyl available for pc,linux and other platforms.in my struggle to trun something on damn slackware for pandora(nothing i installed so far ever runs on it)i downloaded the package from Paintown,which is another mugen engine also made for linux.here'sthe website

http://paintown.sourceforge.net/

i used the  installpkg command on the terminal,and i installed it(after having it renamed to file.txc because it was only labeled as file.xc).it installed fine and i even have it on the "games" folders on the home button of the desktop.and guess what?i click on it..and of course it  doesn't run...nothing happens..

Did you get the x86 version? Of course this will not run.

yep i did.so,not to be mean, but..exaclty what does run on this slackware??beside (some)apps?

I think you're a little confused on what Slackware is, which is understandable.

Whilst it's a full-fat desktop OS, it's not compatible with a desktop PC's installation of Slackware. The processors in the two machines are different, think of them like a pencil and a felt tip pen. Both are used to draw and write, but then are fundamentally different in how this is acomplished.

Software you want to run doesn't just need to be compatible with Slack (actually, that's less of a condition than you might think), and be 100% comptible with the ARM processor in the Pandora

Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't there a readme in the archive that tells you what to do?

@mamemaniac thanks that works,though seems like there's no way to add characters for the mugen part..

THERE ISN'T ONE ANYWAY,NO MATTER HOW YOU TYPE IT!!jeez give me a break.just downlaod the file and look on the archive before saying something like that!!

Well the Code feature isn't working so hot for me on my beagleboard.. But a README file is in the directory.

Oh it's the same than me !

Let's see what's inside...

bash-4.1$ more README

Paintown (http://paintown.sf.net)
Version 3.6.0
Jon Rafkind

Readme last updated on 10/16/2011

Topics:
Get Source
Compilation
Linux
Windows
Cygwin
OSX
Install
Linux
Scripting
Requirements to build
Thanks

etc.

Well the Code feature isn't working so hot for me on my beagleboard.. But a README file is in the directory.
we're talking about two different files here...i suppose you're talking about another download?i am talkign about the paintown-3.6.0-1-i686.pkg.tar.tx that i had to rename in order to install it with the terminal because tx files are not recognized..and in there i can't find any readme or README,for the more peculilar ones...

^ Well I downloaded the right file, the one that Mcobit specified. 

You downloaded a x86 specific package file(i686) that will not run on the Pandora since it's pre-compiled for an x86 based processor. The only way to get it to work is to compile it from the source code.

^ Well I downloaded the right file, the one that Mcobit specified. 

You downloaded a x86 specific package file(i686) that will not run on the Pandora since it's pre-compiled for an x86 based processor. The only way to get it to work is to compile it from the source code.
i see...but i have to extract all teh content of such tar.bz2 into a fodler and then use the readm and going fro mthere,or read the readme ,thus doing all operations while still inside the package?

Correct, I believe slackware has all the necessary compiling tools installed by default.  But I haven't used the regular Slackware for Pandora myself.. so hopefully you won't run into any complications.. sometimes getting things to compile for ARM takes a bit of tweaking.

i tried but no luck..maybe either i'm too noobish or the readme wasn't exactly crystal clear...oh well i'll wait for a wine arm implementation and run it from there...hopefully .(

Back