Is The Tapwave Zodiac Good For Drawing?

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
I dont want to sign up on another board, so is the zodica good with its touch screen?

How is the relitivity, and speed of it? I might buy one for that purpose and movies. The gp2x cant run my movies without encoding, it still freezes with my 200mb ones xD Anyways... For anyone who has a zodiac, is it any good for drawing on? I just need it for basic digital inking.. I assume it has paint, or something?

Either this.. Or a Sensibly cheap tablet that I can get. I might just go for a 50 dollar tablet on ebay, but I dont know any of its speeds and stuff. The ds is laggy though, Ive tried that before :)

Anyone got a cheap tablet for under 50bux? Preferably cheap ^^

Huh? What's up with that? I tried 600-800 mb movies and it plays them perfect...Er, at least until I jack the speed up to 210 with the lcd tweak. Yea, a 10 mhz overclock..*ooh!!!*.

I don't know anything about the tapwave, besides it's a pda, so if your going to use it just for scribbling, you might wanna pass.

Or give poor lou 30 bucks to keep playing WoW!?!?!

Speedwise, the Zodiac is perfect, since its a PDA, and many programs can be operated by "scribble commands" in the Graffity part of the screen, so its not laggy at all. Good drawing program? Yes. Freeware? No.

At least the movie player, TCPMP, is free and reads about any kind of video and audio.

Drak posted on May 21 2006 at 05:34 AM said:
I dont want to sign up on another board, so is the zodica good with its touch screen?

How is the relitivity, and speed of it? I might buy one for that purpose and movies. The gp2x cant run my movies without encoding, it still freezes with my 200mb ones xD Anyways... For anyone who has a zodiac, is it any good for drawing on? I just need it for basic digital inking.. I assume it has paint, or something?

Either this.. Or a Sensibly cheap tablet that I can get. I might just go for a 50 dollar tablet on ebay, but I dont know any of its speeds and stuff. The ds is laggy though, Ive tried that before :)

Anyone got a cheap tablet for under 50bux? Preferably cheap ^^

I just got an Acecad Acecat Flair for 25€ with postage from e-bay. Seems good enough. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I own one and still use it for watching videos with TCPMP but can't do a lot more with it because I own a first edition which has a broken controller (keeps moving to the right without even touching it)
But for drawing, not really, most good programs are shareware and even so...

Back