Is The Caanoo's Power Just Over Kill

mark1980

Still Fresh
i think the title says it all is the caanoo's power just over kill. i only ask because older hand helds like the first gp2x f-100 plays emulators,movies,music just fine.and thats what alot of people or going to use the caanoo for so what is all the caanoo's power for.is it gamepark just cashing in are is there a real reason why i should upgrade and part with my £75 which seems a good price at the moment.or is there a reason why its so cheap like are people going to stop devolping for it ?.

How well did the GP2x handle SNES? I didn't have one, so just curious.

And, speaking as someone who is working on a 3D game for the Caanoo .. no, the hardware is not overkill, not at all.

oh, and spaces after periods are cool.

oh well, you could just ask that question for everything new that comes out if it is really worth ... it always depends on what you need :)

Can it run Starfox through BSNES at full speed?

Then no.

And of course other people's interests go beyond 16 bit systems.

As more programs get ported over the the Wiz and Caanoo I'm starting to consider selling off my F100. Vektar and Payback seem to be the compelling reasons for holding on to it, but Ginge looks likely to support those in the near future.

I don't want to seem like I'm a whore for computing power. Limitations are what give systems their character. The Genesis wouldn't be the same without dithered sprites.

I just woke up. I have no point.

SML said:
I don't want to seem like I'm a whore for computing power. Limitations are what give systems their character. The Genesis wouldn't be the same without dithered sprites.

I just woke up. I have no point.
Haha, true. Road Rash 2 (Genesis) just isn't the same when emulated; it runs more smoothly when emulated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back