is it possible to adapt this game for the pandora

How well does it run?
30, 40 fps at 1GHz - not full screen, but I think some things can be done about that - and that might improve the FPS a bit too! For anyone wanting to try it out right now download the All OS version and run the Swing version - it'll tell you how in the readme!

(you'll need the Java PND too! )

Last edited by a moderator:
A native port of the Linux version would probably be best, but I'll still give it a go.

You could try to click on the icon in the top left cornew of the window and see, if there is a fullscreenoption.

Haven't played with this game.. but typically you run it with this command

Code:
java -jar filename.jar

Also if you missed it earlier you need the java pnd installed as well.

I can get it to work by just running play_swing, but at 800 Mhz I'm seeing about a tenth of the framerate you are reporting. Did you modify any settings?

The game works great on my desktop though. Really enjoying the speed mania modes, they're almost as good as TGM 3: Terror-Instinct.

I'm really hoping this gets a decent port, but it looks like an OpenGL -> OpenGL ES conversion is required if we want to get some decent speed.

Chant sebt3's name in front of a mirror three times backwards and he'll appear to help. ;)

I can get it to work by just running play_swing, but at 800 Mhz I'm seeing about a tenth of the framerate you are reporting. Did you modify any settings?

The game works great on my desktop though. Really enjoying the speed mania modes, they're almost as good as TGM 3: Terror-Instinct.

I'm really hoping this gets a decent port, but it looks like an OpenGL -> OpenGL ES conversion is required if we want to get some decent speed.

Does this use OpenGL at all?

If it runs on Pandora, there can't be any full OpenGL involved. Or is there an option to render without GL?

Does this use OpenGL at all?

If it runs on Pandora, there can't be any full OpenGL involved. Or is there an option to render without GL?
It has different versions. The version playing on the Pandora right now is based on Java Swing without the use of OpenGL.

all your comments are good news :)

now i have an other reason to be impatient to receive my pandora :p

and i am definitely agree with caine!! the "speed mania 2" mode is fun and very addictive!! (needs a little bit practice to enjoy it)

Where are the sources for the c++ openglversion? I could have a look, how easy / hard it will be to convert.

Edit: There is no OpenGL Version also no c++ version. It uses java-sdl some sdl-bindings for java, so you won't get speedimprovements from compiling that :(

Where are the sources for the c++ openglversion? I could have a look, how easy / hard it will be to convert.

Edit: There is no OpenGL Version also no c++ version. It uses java-sdl some sdl-bindings for java, so you won't get speedimprovements from compiling that :(
No indeed, Java only. It seems to be using LWJGL for the opengl stuff. OpenGL ES support in LWJGL has been stuck on will be added soon for a while now.

Back