Is It Me Or.. Theres Alot Of Problems With Video P

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
Ok, so I got the old 1.01 MPlayer and I thought meh.. Lets try some stuff out

I clicked on install_mplayer.gpe blah blah... went back to my gp2x mplayer and it still was the new version.. So I went back in and opened mplayer101.gpe and it loaded up the old mplayer o_O

Played some vids various encoding. They do the same thing as the new mplayer do. They freeze within 3minutes or so of playtime for no reason..

It also seems like its draining the batteries alto more than anything else.. In a matter of an hour my batteries were at 'low' when usually after I play a emu o/ced to like 266 its drained to low in 3hours [ then lasts 1.5-2hours longer].

I dont know If I did anything wrong or w/e but the gp2x mplayer is looking pretty cheesy o_O Btw, when I first got my unit the mlayer worked fine.

MY firmware isnt bad, It works fine for everything. My batteries are fine they are 2500mah Energizer Nimh. My charger is fine. K :)

Im going to try out that ffplay and see how it goes.. If now then I dont know %.%

Played some vids various encoding. They do the same thing as the new mplayer do. They freeze within 3minutes or so of playtime for no reason..
WRONG, the reason is that your batterys cant supply enugh power.

Try shrinking the resolution on your files, playing them at high resolutions apparently takes up a lot of power for scaling.

I get about 45 to 50 minutes of continuous video playback in 1.1.0 so generally I can get through a full half hour anime and atleast half of a second with brief pauses every so often to transfer between trains.

I've learned to just bring extra batteries.

I don't generally watch a lot of videos in a row, but I just recently watched four episodes of NGE on a pair of rechargables. I don't know how much longer they could go until they died, so I switched them for my other pair and let them charge while I continued (what an addictive show! Although, after finishing it, I think it is overrated and somewhat lacking, although still better than most anime).

Vimacs posted on Mar 28 2006 at 03:57 PM said:

they are enegizer 2500mah Nimh they supply plenty and normally last me a long time... so your WRONG :(

Anyway the resolution on most of them is 640 so ill put em down to 320 and report back o_O None of them are rencoded as I thought I could just plop my normal files on and it would work great like it 'did'.

I sure hope the XGP is better at movies than this.. Sort of ridiculus :( itll be better for me too since most of my anime/movies are 16:9 and thats waht that lil guy is. SO bigger display ^^

OH heres a wierd little thing I figured out.. You know when you press Y the menu comes up with ply/ff etc on it..

Guess what? If I leave that there the videos dont freeze.. So what I did today to watch a episode of Black Cat was just open and close the menu every 3minutes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Mar 29 2006 at 08:57 AM said:

Wow, is this ever a rude comment. How did you become a moderator?

He states above that he's using 2500 NiMH batteries.

---

Back on topic.

I re-encode all my movies to 320 and do it double pass using AutoGK and the AutoGK Codec pack and then normally raise the volume a little bit using Virtual Dub. It gets really loud sometimes on the Seoul subways.

I do experience occasional freezing when playing on "normal" on CramFS. I'm not sure if that is CramFS or FW 1.4. I don't usually experience freezing on "high" mode.

fomit posted on Mar 28 2006 at 05:48 PM said:
Vimacs posted on Mar 29 2006 at 08:57 AM said:

Wow, is this ever a rude comment. How did you become a moderator?

He states above that he's using 2500 NiMH batteries.

---

Back on topic.

I re-encode all my movies to 320 and do it double pass using AutoGK and the AutoGK Codec pack and then normally raise the volume a little bit using Virtual Dub. It gets really loud sometimes on the Seoul subways.

I do experience occasional freezing when playing on "normal" on CramFS. I'm not sure if that is CramFS or FW 1.4. I don't usually experience freezing on "high" mode.

Yeah im going to try reencoding to 320X xvids as soon as I get the chance... However I noticed something strange today. Ok, so My batteries that liasted me 5hours now olny last 3hours and 10minutes while running old play.

There is a small resistor that fell out but I dont know how to put the fellow back in.. Ill circle it in this picture.

gp2x17ur.jpg

Could this be a draining problem or something? MY batteries are now getting hot but never use to get as hot. Could be coincedence..

it says C106 I tink on it.. o_O Its not inside of my 2 right now I left it in the Sd card case.

Back