Internet Connection Problems

deadlychicken22

Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal
Website
Visit site
for about 2 hours my computer couldn't connect to gp32x.de while it could connect to gp32x.de and almost every site out there. Now it is connecting to gp32x fine and its giving me timed out errors and other types occasionaly when I connect to other sites including:
www.ipie.net
www.buildtolearn.com (which, according to buildtolearn.info, which I can connect to, should be up)

I contacted charter internet (where I get my internet from) and they said that the connection was fine on their end and that they could see my modem, router, and ethernet card and they were all working fine. I disiabled my firewall and it still didn't work. I followed charter's instructions for about an hour and then decided that they didn't know what they were talking about. Well, i came back online to check if any were working (gp32x.de had been working earlier today) and now gp32x.de works but the others (ipie,buildtolearn) still don't.

Can someone please help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
deadlychicken22 posted on Aug 11 2005 at 09:44 PM said:
for about 2 hours my computer couldn't connect to gp32x.de while it could connect to gp32x.de and almost every site out there. Now it is connecting to gp32x fine and its giving me timed out errors and other types occasionaly when I connect to other sites including:
www.ipie.net
www.buildtolearn.com (which, according to buildtolearn.info, which I can connect to, should be up)

I contacted charter internet (where I get my internet from) and they said that the connection was fine on their end and that they could see my modem, router, and ethernet card and they were all working fine. I disiabled my firewall and it still didn't work. I followed charter's instructions for about an hour and then decided that they didn't know what they were talking about. Well, i came back online to check if any were working (gp32x.de had been working earlier today) and now gp32x.de works but the others (ipie,buildtolearn) still don't.

Can someone please help me.

All sites go down from time to time. It's pretty much anavoidable. It could be down to many reasons, the most popular are:

1. Their server crashed.

2. their internet connection went down.

3. a connection somewhere between you and them went down.

4. They are housekeeping or upgrading and need to take the site offline temporarily.

If you find that you can get to sites on the net but one is down, it means just that, they are out of service temporarily, come back later and I bet they will be there again!

I know that sites go down from time to time but 4 at the same time (none of which I have seen down before in my life) and www.buildtolearn.info says that everything on its servers is fine. Can you please try getting to www.buildtolearn.com, www.ipie.net, and www.ps3nation.net and tell me if they work? The charter guy said he thought it could be software that I had put on but I haven't touched the software....
Thanks

deadlychicken22 posted on Aug 11 2005 at 10:28 PM said:
I know that sites go down from time to time but 4 at the same time (none of which I have seen down before in my life) and www.buildtolearn.info says that everything on its servers is fine. Can you please try getting to www.buildtolearn.com, www.ipie.net, and www.ps3nation.net and tell me if they work? The charter guy said he thought it could be software that I had put on but I haven't touched the software....
Thanks

www.buildtolearn.com - didn't work for me.

www.ps3nation.net - worked okay!

It's possible there may be a link somewhere that's down, or that www.buildtolearn.com is down. Chalk it down to coincidence.

Ok, thanks for the quick answers.
Sorry to bother you.

EDIT: The reason its so important is i'm supposed to be talking to some guy on www.ipie.net who is making a template for the website i'm making for my gp32 game fate

Back