Internal sound logging?

GP32 Kirby

Website
Visit site
I wanna log sound from a PS1 tune, seeing no OST or MP3 for the music exists as far as I've searched.. so I attempted to run the game on an emulator to see if I could log the sound with the emulator's sound-logging function, but it doesnt have one! Any way I can do some sort of internal sound log? You know, like, use some special utility which logs all the sounds playing on the comp speakers, whether it'd be from a game, or program?

PS. Please help ASAP! I wanna get this prob solved quickly so I can use the music for something! :(

You can hook up the audio-out of your ps1 to the inport of your soundcard. That way you can record all ps1 music on your PC.

Maybe it's even simpler and the game uses redbook audio. That way you can rip the music tracks just like a normal audio cd.

It doesnt work.. either cuz I have a crappy sound card or the fact that I only own a PS2 console running a PS1 game :(

Like VirtuaLeech said, buy a male-male audio cable (they're cheap) and connect your sound card's output to your sound card's mic jack. Keep sound recorder running in the background, and it will record anything that goes through your sound card.

If you have any sound recording software on your computer (SoundForge, etc) just open it up, set the input to your soundcard, and play the game on your emulator. It should record the sound that way. I've done that before recording sounds from some other PC games.

Hooking the audio cable directly to the inputs on your soundcard will work too, I've recorded lots of audio/video from VCR tapes and game consoles (including PSX/PS2) in this manner.

If you have any sound recording software on your computer (SoundForge, etc) just open it up, set the input to your soundcard, and play the game on your emulator. It should record the sound that way. I've done that before recording sounds from some other PC games.
I got Sound Forge, but could you please be a bit more specific on what I must do? Give me step-by-step instructions if ya have to cuz I dunno what to do from what ya posted :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
trooper posted on Dec 1 2003 at 01:11 AM said:
I guess the site i suggested was of no use then. :(

Oh well.

Trooper
I was there b4, none of the utils helped :(

Last edited by a moderator:
OpD2D

Save the file in the directory you want under the file name you want. It's saved as a WAV file. Then go into a music editor - i.e. ACID 4.0 - trim off the edges where there is no sound playing. Then use RazorLame/Lame to turn it into an MP3 (or atleast that's what I would do there). Trust me, I'm an expert in this field. I've done it many a times so I could listen to Digitally Imported at my lame summer job.

Thanks for letting me know to check this post out (you asked in another off-topic post), I never knew cuz before I could check, all of the new posts turned into "read" posts.. doncha hate it when that happens? :angry:

Anywhoo, I'll try this method sooner or later.. I'll let you know how it turns out, but sounds promising coming from an "expert in this field" :D

Back