Interesting idea...

NeoAP posted on Aug 10 2003 said:
I visited the site just a couple of days ago, and it looked interesting. It is somekind of development plattform for developing games. It has different features and it's not such a bad idea, but I don't think it's anything for me though...
25MHz 68000? That's way too slow to be of interest...

Last edited:
Not necessarily. It could have separate parts for processing graphics, sound etc, leaving the cpu with very little to do. Apparently if you had the right components to handle separate elements of the game, you could run Quake with a CPU of around 10 MHz.

Grand_Poobah posted on Aug 10 2003 said:
here's something else i found.........

http://www.nanogear.net/

I doubt its real though 'cause it's only pictures.
Don`t think much of it, :(

For a start we can already play Doom on our GP32`s, Thanks to Craig. :D

The screen is only 240 x 160.

Other than the fact that it is the first handheld to feature built-in hand grips <_< forcefeed back, tv-out and usb 2. It doesn`t offer much else.

No other spec`s available. :rolleyes:

Oh, But i would definately buy it for the on-board virtual pet. :blink: :wub: :p

Edit: The Quake screen shot looks a bit suspect too.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
trooper posted on Aug 10 2003 said:
M68000 25mhz, Mmmmmmmm

Could be the first truly portable AMIGA!! 500/1200.

Well, Just a thought. ;)

Trooper
Well, yes, probably, but only if it has the custom chips as well...
The processor isn't fast enough to emulate all these.

You could run AmigaOS and friendly software (which uses AHI and Picasso96) quite fast, if they don't use the custom chips, but most games use them...

Last edited:
I think it looks like a portable console for the x box, like the gba is to the game cube. Vibration is nice tho, i always thought the little bubbles on the back of the gp look like they could house rumble motors. The tv out is also a nice option...

Grand_Poobah posted on Aug 10 2003 said:
here's something else i found.........

http://www.nanogear.net/

I doubt its real though 'cause it's only pictures.
LOL, if it is real its crap. Look at how blocky it is, and look how small the buttons are. And where in the hell are the speakers, I see lines pointing to them but nothing there. And even if there was speakers there your hand is in the way of them. Wow, tv out on the go, first handheld with grips, and a built in virtual pet? Where do I sign up?!

The X gamestation looks cool because your free to do whatever the hell you want with it. Its made to mod in any way, and people are free to dev for it.

taras posted on Aug 10 2003 said:
Not necessarily. It could have separate parts for processing graphics, sound etc, leaving the cpu with very little to do. Apparently if you had the right components to handle separate elements of the game, you could run Quake with a CPU of around 10 MHz.
No way could rou run quake on a 25mhz 68000. My A4000 040/28 struggles with it, and that's a version woith a lot of ASM. Thinking about it, I've got an xgamestation someone could buy...my old Amiga 1200 030/50, with a c compiler :) , Has anyone heard about the Commodore1? that's a cool bit of retro kit.

It's a funny thing, the homepage nurve.net is the name of the domain for the corporation that's making the XGameStation. Not trying to imply anything, but the handheld thing may have been an earlier project that was scrapped and instead they made the XGS. Or it may all just be fake.

Back