GP2X Intellisense Not Working

Nagelfar

So, last night I managed to compile my first c Program using Visual C++ Express Edition. What a mess, really...now, the thing I miss most is Intellisense for SDL, it just tells me that the "Expression has a type that cannot be resolved". Anyone know how to fix that?

Nagelfar said:
So, last night I managed to compile my first c Program using Visual C++ Express Edition. What a mess, really...now, the thing I miss most is Intellisense for SDL, it just tells me that the "Expression has a type that cannot be resolved". Anyone know how to fix that?
If you add the SDL headers to your project at least the symbols will appear in the dropdown list. By moving the mouse above a symbol you can get more information. Unfortunately the automatic member list and function parameter hint does neither work for me. I think it has to do how Intellisense parses the files. It particularly doesn't like macros and preprocessor defines.

Last edited by a moderator:
HEP said:
Nagelfar said:
If you add the SDL headers to your project at least the symbols will appear in the dropdown list. By moving the mouse above a symbol you can get more information. Unfortunately the automatic member list and function parameter hint does neither work for me. I think it has to do how Intellisense parses the files. It particularly doesn't like macros and preprocessor defines.

Yeah, that helped, thx :)

Squidge said:
Try adding Visual Assist into the editor, if it's possible with the express versions (I'm assuming express = different compiler, same editor)

http://wholetomato.com/

Unfortunatly it's not free and as I'm just fooling around atm I don't want to invest any money but thx for the hint :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back