Installing GPfight and Mill

zenocha

Website
Visit site
Right, this has been posted a lot on the joygp message boards so I thought I'd answer how to fix it here as theres a 200 word lmit there. So, a lot of you have been asking how to solve the problem where you install Mill or GPfight and the instalation freezes. This I think is a problem as Bada (from JoyGP) says to do with the PC-link program and it using up the system resources. Even my pc ground to a halt and its a fairly powerful machine.

Bear with me here, I've never written anything like this before.

Anyway how to solve the problem, well the way I have found is to unpack the .zpk file. So to do this you wil need an extractor tool which is available at Firefly's site:

http://users.skynet.be/firefly/gp32/projec...xtractor_11.zip

You can then use this tool to extract the .zpk into its component parts and install them
individually. To do this open the extractor and go file/open and pick the .zpk, then
go actions/extract and extract the files to where you want.

Okay, thats the extracting out of the way and this is where I will partly have to split the
guide between GPfight and Mill.

GPfight:
Okay this should not be too difficult, go into the pc link program and create a "GPFIGHT"
folder in the "GAME" directory also put the gpfight.gxe in the "GAME" directory next put the gpfight.gxc in the "GPFIGHT" folder (dont worry if you cant see things inside the gpfight folder, but if you really want to click the "refresh" button) next drag each of the folders individually into the "GPFight" folder from the uncompressed .zpk folder (just in case i'll list them so theres no confusion: LOADING, MAINGAME, MENU, MOVIES, PALETTE, SOUNDS) Then, and this is the important part, create a folder "MISC" in the "GPfight" folder. I cant stress this enough as the game wont work wothout the "MISC" folder and this was the main problem I ran into (it had me scratching my head on how to get the game to work for a while)

Well thats it for GPfight, now onto Mill.

Mill:
Well do pretty much the same as with GPfight, but Mill has a double directory within it so you will have to copy and paste files into the folders and create the folders yourself(and yes you can copy and paste in PC-link with ctrl+c and ctrl+v) This can be tricky but I'm presuming you are computer literate enough to do this yourself(any problems and email me) Anyway, no hidden directories to create like in GPfight ;). This is a more complicated game so will take longer but have patience. Basically, just make sure you put all the files in the correct folder and put the folders in the right place, should work fine if your carefull.

Well thats about it, I hope this helps all you stuck with this installation fault.

P.S As I said, any problems with understanding this then feel free to contact me or you can post a reply here

Email: steward47@aol.com (I dont read emails in zenocha@hotmail.com)
Mirc: Zenocha
Channel: #gp32 on EFnet#

(I dont want to appear patronising but i dont know how experienced some people are)

The link to the extractor doesnt work... could you email it or something, im only gonna be on windows for a couple more hours. Darkestone82@attbi.com

the link should work, i think his website is down at the moment as my web browser says "website not responding", I have tested the link repeatadly with both this and my other computer, my advice, try later, if it still doesnt work, email me steward47@aol.com

Back