I'm a patient man...

robtuk

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
When the Pandora was first announced, I was overjoyed especially having bought the GP2X and thought it had a great future. That was three years ago, and I still await my Pandora, despite ordering at the first opportunity.

I fear now, that time has moved on and all the things I had planned for it have been replaced (a good smart phone, a laptop, PS3 and a tablet) and even Craig seems more interested in the iControlpad of late.

I know things have been hard for the openpandora team with problem on top of problem, but I've had enough now.

I've written three emails to openpandorasales requesting a refund and cancellation, but have had no response. I've IM'd craig twice and no response. I admit I'm not a regular on these boards, but really - is the project dead? Have they gone bust? Or are they so busy it takes over five weeks to respond to an email?

Email seems to be a running gag with OpenPandora. I've never personally had a problem getting timely responses, but there are an insane number of complaints on these forums about not receiving responses for weeks on end.

The project is very much alive, but they probably have a bulk of email from both the Pandora and iControlPad fronts to deal with.

I've heard similar complaints about the email.. I'm not sure what is going on.. some people say they get a response the next day.. so it seems to be inconsistent.

I'm not sure, but I think Jacquelyne is doing both mails for iCP AND OP... so it might really be a huge backlog.

I also heard that some people had issues due to the weird googlemail Spam-Filter so the eMails never got there.

If all emails in general take long at the moment, it's probably a large backlog or other technical issues.

I'll try to find that out.

Something has to be wrong with emails getting to OPT then, cause I sent my refund request Monday night before I went to bed and my refund was in my Paypal account Tuesday morning when I got up. I have never waited more than a couple of days for a response, so my mails were getting through and being answered quite timely.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my experience, Google spam filters can cause havoc if you check your Google Mail account via POP3 and don't ever log into it and mark things as "Not Spam"

This results in an "untrained" spam filter, which will eat mail like the cookie monster eats... well... cookies. And you'll never know, 'cos POP3 only picks up the stuff from the inbox.

We use Google Apps Mail at work ( I was responsible for setting it up, d'oh ) and have had lots of... excitement.

Jacquelyne has always gotten back to me promptly. Though I have had to watch my stupid spam filters. They tend to not like emails from Europe for some reason.

I emailed back in june for an upgrade to premium, never got a response. Although that was right around the time the boards ran out so I thought it was related to that (positive side: saves me money. negative side: no pandora). I've only emailed them once before that and got a quick response, but that was back in 2009.

It appears that Jacquelyn has been swamped with emails (hundreds per day). Once my email was eventually read earlier today, an immediate refund was sent & I received it within a couple of hours (presumably thanks to the Faster Payments process).

Thanks to all, and best of luck with the Pandoras. Think I'll wait to see what the Pandora2 will bring.

I emailed twice in the past 2 weeks asking for them to change my post-address. Didn't get a reply back.

But now I'm actually thinking they should best send it to my previous address, since there are housemates there that can send it to Copenhagen where I'll probably be by the time it finally gets sent ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back