Idea For Easy Cheat Use

SpaceJellyfish

Still Fresh
Hello folks, noob with an idea here. I thought up a format would be easy to use for an end user to use game enhancer (like GameGenie,Action Replay,etc.) cheats, even without having a keyboard type codes in with.
I'll admit to not knowing how hard it would be to implement and code the capability, as I have exactly zero programming knowledge or experience :unsure: . You could store the actual codes in a txt file in the emulator's folder and have'm listed convienently in a relevant menu in the actual emulator.

Proposed format for text file in emulator's folder

GAME NAME
ABCD-EFGH(actual cheat code) CODE NAME(code name that will be seen in emulator's cheat menu)

Proposed format for cheat menu in actual emulator

GAME NAME
CODE NAME(this would show the text entered in the relevant file in the emulator's directory)

If you decide to use this (and hadn't already thought up this format or something similar yourself) please credit me.

sounds like a neat idea. i think the neo geo universe bios does something similar, where there's a database of cheats that correspond with the loaded game (by name or hash or something).

Thanks for the compliment. And, er, I just now noticed the board that's specifically for ideas. So would a mod be nice enough to move this there? It would be a more appropiate location, needless to say.

Back