Icon Problems

HackModford

In Desktop mode some apps that are in the app folder show up on the desktop... What if I don't want them there but only in the menu? Is there a way to have apps appear on the desktop and in the menu?

Also in Minimenu sometimes I have 2 icons for an app. I think this applies to the apps that are showing up in a menu and on the desktop. (This sounds like an overlooked bug to me)

I think it should be this way. If you put an app on desktop it should also appear in the menu. If you put it in apps it should only appear in the menu.

Am I missing something?

HackModford said:
In Desktop mode some apps that are in the app folder show up on the desktop... What if I don't want them there but only in the menu? Is there a way to have apps appear on the desktop and in the menu?

Also in Minimenu sometimes I have 2 icons for an app. I think this applies to the apps that are showing up in a menu and on the desktop. (This sounds like an overlooked bug to me)

I think it should be this way. If you put an app on desktop it should also appear in the menu. If you put it in apps it should only appear in the menu.

Am I missing something?

/pandora/apps is old and has that bug that it appears twice, yes.
The folder for menu is /pandora/menu

We're working on having the desktop icons also appearing in the menu :)

Last edited:
/pandora/menu will only appear in the menu
/pandora/desktop will only appear on the desktop
/pandora/apps will appear on both

EvilDragon said:
/pandora/apps is old and has that bug that it appears twice, yes.

It's not a bug! It's a feature I personally requested (and got, yay!).

Last edited by a moderator:
You requested the "appear twice" bug?

Oh and what about moving the icons around on the desktop? Now that I've fixed my earlier problem all the icons are in weird places. I'd really like to just arrange by name or something.

HackModford said:
You requested the "appear twice" bug?

Oh and what about moving the icons around on the desktop? Now that I've fixed my earlier problem all the icons are in weird places. I'd really like to just arrange by name or something.

I requested that the 'app' folder show apps in both the desktop and menu.

Dragging the icons around is possible, but awkward. It was designed for mouse usage... so difficult with the stylus or nubs. Keep trying, and you figure out how it works (tip: do it quickly).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back