I Think I Found Something Out...

kuriboh

I'm confused...again. :BLINK:
Website
Visit site
yesterday when I tore apart my super nes I looked at the hardware... as i looked I noticed that some of the chips ha Nintendo AND sony written on them. these chips are dated 89 so they are a little old but :rolleyes: is it possible that nintendo and sony were one at one point in time? :huh:

Yep they were Sony was going to be making a cd add on for the snes this never happened as the two fell out and sony went on its own hence the psx.

Oh, Wow I'm surprised... I never knew about that. Well that makes alot of sense... I guess. :blink: :p well if u think about it we would have never known about the psx right? BTW i'm tearing(SP?) apart my super nes so I can make a portable one. I'll probably post pics when i'm done.
;)

~Kuriboh~ :p

The sony chips inside the SNES arnt a big deal, Nintendo just purchased components from them the same way someone would purchase components from IBM or ATi.

It is true that sony was going to work on the CD drive but Nintendo decided not to work with them. In the end Nintendo gave up on the idea entirely and sony got the idea to try the market themselves.

Alpha2 posted on Dec 14 2004 at 06:07 PM said:
................... In the end Nintendo gave up on the idea entirely and sony got the idea to try the market themselves.

WRONG

they backed philips instead, thus all the Mario and Zelda games on the CDi

Last edited by a moderator:
I though they took phillips on to make the cd rom addon instead, then dropped the idea altogether. Phillips then went on to make the CDi and for compensation nintendo allowed phillips to make use of the Zelda liencense (bad idea)

hey, ive got a bunch of snes mags about the cd addon! i think they r super play or sumthing? they had a mascot thing that had a snes pad as a belt buckle or sumthing.

Sony also published some games for the SNES. No-one belives me when I say that the PSX had Nintendo input-just look at the the pad though.

And that's most likely Super Play, what became N64 and NGC magazine.

Hey, while tearing the hardware out, remember to connect a switch to enable/disable the lockout-chip! No work really and very nice to have ;)

V3X posted on Dec 15 2004 at 02:33 PM said:
hey, ive got a bunch of snes mags about the cd addon! i think they r super play or sumthing? they had a mascot thing that had a snes pad as a belt buckle or sumthing.

Captain Nintendo had a NES-pad as a belt buckle. And a Zapper! Both fully functional. :)

Mark posted on Dec 15 2004 at 08:39 AM said:
Sony also published some games for the SNES. No-one belives me when I say that the PSX had Nintendo input-just look at the the pad though.

And that's most likely Super Play, what became N64 and NGC magazine.

Sony/Imagesoft, it was a small studio that focused on making games based mostly on licenced properties, most of which sucked. No one really considered Imagesoft to be the same arm of sony that was making the PS, and it really wasn't because the hardware side and software maker were under two different directors/

I'm doing the same thing to my pirate nes, the Super Joy 3. It's much simplier to do, and I am putting it into a nes controller. Good luck on your project.

BTW, if you have a chance to get a Super Joy 3 cheap do it, it can play nes games and has 70 something ones built in. Very fun to hardware to mess around with as I can even understand it. ;)

Mosch posted on Dec 15 2004 at 10:34 AM said:
Hey, while tearing the hardware out, remember to connect a switch to enable/disable the lockout-chip! No work really and very nice to have ;)
? sorry I don't know much about what the chips are. :( can u explain?

GPJosh posted on Dec 15 2004 at 09:02 PM said:
I'm doing the same thing to my pirate nes, the Super Joy 3. It's much simplier to do, and I am putting it into a nes controller. Good luck on your project.

BTW, if you have a chance to get a Super Joy 3 cheap do it, it can play nes games and has 70 something ones built in. Very fun to hardware to mess around with as I can even understand it. ;)
Super joy 3 hmmm what is it?

The Sony chip in there is actually the sound processor.

And btw, the SNES was originally integrated into the PSX (there was a cartridge port at the back), back when Nintendo and Sony were still together. But only ~1000 hybrids were made.

The SNES CD add on was actually called the "Playstation"

To make a long story short Nintendo didn't like Sony having any rights with the CD based software, which they would if Sony made the drive, so Ninty gave Sony the big middle finger.

So Sony in turn gave Nintendo and even bigger middle finger and developed their own hardware. They also kept the name "Playstation" to further say "fuck you" to Nintendo and their arrogant ways. Ever since Sony has been gunning for the "big N". While Sony was sucessful in crushing Nintendo ever since in the console race, there remained one last bastion of strength for Nintendo, the unchallenged multi billion dollar handheld market. Enter PSP.... To be continued.

that is so painfully ironic
it like a soap oprah (i don't watch these so if its not sorry) with corperations
it psp dominates nds nintendos next project will be time machine

Back