I Really Hope Someone Will Make A New Version Of Nes Gpfce

renejr902

Website
Visit site
i really hope someone will make a new version of NES Gpfc. Since i bought the wiz my first goal was a perfect nes emulator. until now the emulator have problem and has never been corrected.

1. A lot of screen tearing ( diagonal lines) in the nes emulator

2. Fullscreen mode is not really fullscreen, have a double screen at the left of the screen.

3. The look ( image quality) is too smooth, with gp2x when i choose hardware scaling, the image quality is better, more clean, less smooth.

But the number 1 and 2 are really my big concerns.

(sorry for my bad english)

i really hope notaz will have time for this in a near future. i told him about that a few months ago.

renejr902 said:
i really hope someone will make a new version of NES Gpfc. Since i bought the wiz my first goal was a perfect nes emulator. until now the emulator have problem and has never been corrected.

1. A lot of screen tearing ( diagonal lines) in the nes emulator

2. Fullscreen mode is not really fullscreen, have a double screen at the left of the screen.

3. The look ( image quality) is too smooth, with gp2x when i choose hardware scaling, the image quality is better, more clean, less smooth.

But the number 1 and 2 are really my big concerns.

(sorry for my bad english)

i really hope notaz will have time for this in a near future. i told him about that a few months ago.

Perhaps you have good luck with the gp32spain Wiz contest :)

Last edited by a moderator:
notaz said:
Yeah, I'm already on too many projects, not going to work on this any time soon.

what do you think, would it be better to start a new port of ultraFCE since there's been so much progress since the gp2x version, or would it be ok just to improve yours?

crow_riot said:
what do you think, would it be better to start a new port of ultraFCE since there's been so much progress since the gp2x version, or would it be ok just to improve yours?
Depends on your goals I guess, if you want compatibility you can start with some version of FCE but when I started with it it was too slow to run fullspeed on GP2X (might do better in Wiz), so maybe some different emu would be better. If you start with my version you'll get good speed because of ARM core and stuff, but worse compatibility and some missing mappers.

notaz said:
crow_riot said:
Depends on your goals I guess, if you want compatibility you can start with some version of FCE but when I started with it it was too slow to run fullspeed on GP2X (might do better in Wiz), so maybe some different emu would be better. If you start with my version you'll get good speed because of ARM core and stuff, but worse compatibility and some missing mappers.

oh ok, i didn't know that you created arm core. so then it might be better to improve yours - at least the 2 isses renejr mentioned. thx.

renejr902 said:
one day someone will do it, i know it, but i think it could be long

thanks all for answers

cant say that i will be work it, but has anyone tried nesemu? it takes a bit more power but maybe does what you want.

I have no screen tearing at all with this emu.

Use rotated launcher.

Disable perfect vsync (it hangs emulator with last firmware 1.2.1), now the Wiz have 120hz for default settings.

I never use fullscreen (i don´t want to play with the image distorted or stretched) so for me this emu is like perfect :)

Install firm 1.2.1 if you don´t have intalled yet.

The problem with the rotated version is that the screen update is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWwwwwwwww. You can see the screen being redrawn and it just looks awful. The non rotated version has really bad tearing, worse than many other emus for some reason. It is offset by like 4 pixels or so it seems.

This was just a quick and dirty port that was done and never touched since. The screen rendering needs allot of work. If that was fixed it would be good enough.

Pickle said:
renejr902 said:
one day someone will do it, i know it, but i think it could be long

thanks all for answers

cant say that i will be work it, but has anyone tried nesemu? it takes a bit more power but maybe does what you want.

there are so many different emulators out there, i always need to look them up because i've never heard of them :)

nesemu seems to be nice from what i've seen (just right now), sdl based... but no arm core :)

DaveC said:
The problem with the rotated version is that the screen update is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWwwwwwwww. You can see the screen being redrawn and it just looks awful. The non rotated version has really bad tearing, worse than many other emus for some reason. It is offset by like 4 pixels or so it seems.

This was just a quick and dirty port that was done and never touched since. The screen rendering needs allot of work. If that was fixed it would be good enough.

I don´t have that problem Dave :)

Firm 1.2.1 with pollux and ikari sdl inside the folder though is probably is not neccesary.

I only have to disable perfect vsync. I only clip the screen 8 left and right and it´s perfect if you dont want the fullscreen or stretched screen.

Rivroner said:
DaveC said:

I don´t have that problem Dave :)

Firm 1.2.1 with pollux and ikari sdl inside the folder though is probably is not neccesary.

I only have to disable perfect vsync. I only clip the screen 8 left and right and it´s perfect if you dont want the fullscreen or stretched screen.

what do you mean by ? : I only clip the screen 8 left and right and it´s perfect if you dont want the fullscreen or stretched screen.
in any way i cant have fullscreen without tearing right ? i just play fullscreen

note: about nesemu, if i remember correctly this emu has no fullscreen option. or maybe it was too slow. when i tried it a few months ago i found fce ultra better than nesemu. maybe i should try nesemu again

With "clip" i mean the option in the menu to clip the NES original problem. Only activate it.

Fullscreen is not working well, but in my case that is not a problem, i dont want to play with the image distorted.

Back