I Really Do Need Help....

Sadako

Website
Visit site
Hey-a people, could you be so kind in to helping me with GPCinema please?
I downloaded it and installed it in the GPMM folder, and then the put the movie (it was in .Mpeg format..but came out as .MPE on GP32?) , but when I started GP Cinema, it came up as normal, but it did not display my movie, and when I pressed a button, it crashed and rebooted the GP32!

Any help would be great, please...thank you. :D

Firstly to you and all newbies i suggest you read the guides, please. Your problem is simple and not extrodinary, there is no nedd to post it on this forum as most ppl are sick of responding to simple and repetative questions that you could solve yourself if you read the guys on gpemu.

To answer your question though, the movies have to be .avi format with either a divx 4.12 codec or xvid Koepis build. Encode them using virtual dub.

We all were newbies once... I was very happy to have a warm forum like this... So plaese be kind to each other. This kind of unity is what makes the gp32 a great machine.

Encoding...hmm, maybe one question,...someone said that if I use Virtual Dub the movies I encode will be dramtically reduced in size, is that true?
I know I am a newbie, sorry I bothered you with that question.
About that photo..
1. That is a GUY in the front, I am not a guy.
2. That is not me in the background either.
3. It is a photo from the film 'Uzumaki', it is a great film, I have all the manga Uzumaki too!

Thankyou!

Mmmm... Seems like you have some way to go... The final size of your picture depends on the bitrate. Higher bitrates means higher quality meens bigger files.

e.g.
For high quality i use 160kbit/s at 18 frames per second (divx4) for sound I use 11kHz 32kbit/s. (mp3). This is for me the best quality possible. GPcinema must run at 166Mhz to keep up, with this settings I fit 80 minutes film on a 128Mb smc.

The length of what you want to watch determines your settings. Lower bitrates =lower quality = more to fit on a 128Mb smc...

I suggest you read a howto guide. Virtualdub is just a program to convert different digital video format to your gp32 (must be divx 4. format, or xvid, 320x240, ................)

Need more help ? Just ask the questions... We are here for you !

Greetings,

Tom

Thank you so much, although, there is a big problem with Virtual Dub..when I open a mpeg file and save it as an avi, the size goes up to about 600mb! And when I try to compress it, nothing happens.. please help! Oh, and is there another program to save mpeg movies and avi? As one of my movies wont open in Vdub, thank you!

Mmmm again... You have a long way to go....

Do you have the right codec installed on your system???
It must be divx 4.12 !
You need this to compress your video... in virtualdub under VIDEO -> COMPRESSION you should see it in the list...

If so click CONFIGURE...

Here you can set the bitrate (among a lot of other important things)

Well, for some reason, one of my movies would work in VDub, but the other would not, where can I get DIVX codec? Thank you..

marrrg! fine i'll clean up this one,

okay get this codec: divx 4.12\

video-filters- resize- 320x 240- presise bilinear

video- framerate-process every other frame decimate by 2

video-compression-divx4.12- output stream 0-250 depending on quality.

audio-full processing mode

audio-conversion-22050-highquality-mono

audio-compression-mpeg layer 3-select one of the list

save as avi!

if you want 2nd passes and such find a tutorial.

and tomVS, put it back in yer pants!

some types of mpeg files or some other video files dont work in vdub coz the yar emade by microsoft or somethin so yuo can only use one of microsofts programs to compress them. I think :huh:

VDub needs the V(ideo)F(or)W(indows)-Codecs; the codecs windows media player uses (and therefore may be installed correctly at your system) are for Direct Show :\
if i had movies i couldn't open in vdub (for example .rm), i'd encode them via MPlayer first (with all the codec-packs) and then via vdub (bacause i just cant get mplayer to encode into divx4.12)

Edit: arf, why has everyone to reply that fast? ^^

Back