I made the leap!

Trinitis

Still Fresh
Yep, I placed my order tonight. Any of you "veteran" users have any tips and/or words of wisdom for when I actually receive my Pandora? I only ask because I ordered a Dingoo almost 2 years ago, and once I received it, I found out there was all types of work to do with the system with firmware updates, emulator updates and changes, etc. I'd like to have a lot of that placed on an SD card before I get my Pandora.

Welcome, and grats on your purchase!

Even though mine is back for repairs, im still one of those "fanboys" that just thinks it's awesome it seems ;)

To prepare i would suggest you look if the platforms you own games for (don't ask for roms and stuff here) have a proper emulator, and if they need a bios. That will save some problems.

After you receive it you will want to install the latest hotfix, and also the codec pack with mplayer for multimedia stuff. I think it's safe to pre-download the codec pack, but i'd wait with the hotfix until you receive yours. If you just ordered, might be a while until you receive it, but you know that probably.

Beside that, it's pretty much ready to use when you receive it. Just pre-download some game and emulator pnd's and you are ready to go :)

Cheers!

Edit: keep in mind though that improvements are still continuously made to most software. If you download everything now, a lot will be outdated when you receive yours. Make a selection of the stuff you like now, and download the latest versions when you recieve your shipping mail seems sensible. That, and get your roms/images/media sorted the way you like :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of you "veteran" users have any tips and/or words of wisdom for when I actually receive my Pandora?
Don't wait for it to arrive.

<edit>Oh, I forgot. Welcome to the community :) </edit>

Welcome!

Be prepared to wait 2 Months™

You might want to start buying accessories to pimp your Panda when it arrives (headphones, SD cards, cases, etc)

The people here are great!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Yep, I placed my order tonight. Any of you "veteran" users have any tips and/or words of wisdom for when I actually receive my Pandora? I only ask because I ordered a Dingoo almost 2 years ago, and once I received it, I found out there was all types of work to do with the system with firmware updates, emulator updates and changes, etc. I'd like to have a lot of that placed on an SD card before I get my Pandora.

If you are interested in emulation I suggest downloading complete rom sets of all the platforms you are interested in using bittorrent or another method.

Well done! and welcome on board.

Two MonthsTM.

I've thought about "preparation" myself. I started to download everything but then realised it's still early days for software and it would be better to wait for the email notification before getting the SD card ready. I have ripped some of movies and games I own but wonder now if I've chosen the right format.

Back