I Can't Find Out How To Use Emulators

kuriboh

I'm confused...again. :BLINK:
Website
Visit site
:) So far I've only been useing homebrewgames and being able to use emulators on the gp32 was one of the main reasons that I got the gp32.can someone help? :D :(

Read the directions/instructions/readme included with each emu and it'll tell you where to install the emu files and where to put your game roms so that you can use it ;)

www.pdroms.de
all we can say you on this board about where to find roms.
you hve to find it out by yourself, cant be to hard...

Noone will tell you sources for ROM images, notice they are all illegal. (except homebrew roms of course)

edit: vimacs beat me.

Octavious posted on Sep 4 2004 at 11:41 PM said:
R u wantin to know where roms are?
well, I recon I cant tell you
let me see...
I R C the answer
but I R not allowed to tell u u C

~Octavious

roms from obsolete systems are also legal......and if its a room from a new system youre alowed to dl it as long as you own the original...and if you dont i beleive theres a 24hr delete rule... buut yea...I R C and P2P :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Octavious posted on Sep 4 2004 at 06:41 PM said:
R u wantin to know where roms are?
well, I recon I cant tell you
let me see...
I R C the answer
but I R not allowed to tell u u C

~Octavious

You're allowed to say "Google, P2P, and IRC", but just not specific sites. We really can't hide that information, it's found all over our board's archives, nor do the corporations really blame anyone for giving out such information. So we just remove the links.

Nothingface5384 posted on Sep 4 2004 at 08:57 PM said:
roms from obsolete systems are also legal......and if its a room from a new system youre alowed to dl it as long as you own the original...and if you dont i beleive theres a 24hr delete rule... buut yea...I R C and P2P :p

1) ROMs from "obselete systems" are not technicalyl legal unless they are made public domain by their authors and publishers. This is because a lot of these games are re-released on "nostalgia packs" for newer systems.
2) There is no "24-hour delete rule".
3) While you are legally allowed to own a backup of digital data, you are technically suppose to back it up yourself.

However, I don't want this to turn into a ROM ethics discussion, but I just wanted to point these three facts out. Note the use of "technically" in some cases, noting that the courts and information may be vague and/or unclear.

Last edited by a moderator:
"3) While you are legally allowed to own a backup of digital data"

Even this is in dispute (in some countries, at least), when the original form of the data storage has changed (e.g. originally in a cartridge ROM, but now on a hard drive/SMC). That's what the softcos are trying to argue, anyway.

Back