How's this for a display?

That has to be one of ugliest glass avionics that I have ever seen no offense

Cheap for aviation tho really cheap for aviation 

Putting in a display with a 640x480 resolution might put some people (including me) off - I would really like something in the 1280x800 area

"It 's scale-able up to 1280x1028 SXGA resolution." from the link I posted.
Hmm that confuses me a little. So the native resolution is 1280x1028 and they are interpolating at 640*480 (which seems quite odd as they change the aspect ratio) ?

I'd like to see a 5" screen with a 4:3 aspect ratio and a minimum resolution of 1024 X 768 as per the LG Intuition

It would not be a deal breaker but I would much prefer a screen with a 4:3 aspect ratio than say 16:9 as to me 4:3 is more useful for everyday computing & retro gaming, which would be my primary uses for a P2.

Last edited by a moderator:
1280x800 here

Wide screens allow you to put toolbars down the sides and use the full vertical lid height (which is pretty much fixed anyway by physical constraints) for whatever you're working on.

well, the whole quote is "The  5" LCD screen image above is on virtual XGA Mode. It 's scale-able up to 1280x1028 SXGA resolution."

As I undestand it is just a 640x480 displaying a "virtual" XGA mode and it can display up to "SXGA" in "virtual"... meaning that it's simply downscaled by the screen driver... but I might be wrong...

What's the point of rendering graphics for a large screen in software and then scaling them down for a low res screen?

Cheap marketing ploy?

I'd like to see a 5" screen with a 4:3 aspect ratio and a minimum resolution of 1024 X 768 as per the LG Intuition

It would not be a deal breaker but I would much prefer a screen with a 4:3 aspect ratio than say 16:9 as to me 4:3 is more useful for everyday computing & retro gaming, which would be my primary uses for a P2.

1280x800 here

Wide screens allow you to put toolbars down the sides and use the full vertical lid height (which is pretty much fixed anyway by physical constraints) for whatever you're working on.
P2 should have the form factor thats most appropriate for its footprint. I have no probelm with both aspect ratios, but my uneducated guess is that a rectangular shape is more pocketable than a square one.

well, the whole quote is "The  5" LCD screen image above is on virtual XGA Mode. It 's scale-able up to 1280x1028 SXGA resolution."

As I undestand it is just a 640x480 displaying a "virtual" XGA mode and it can display up to "SXGA" in "virtual"... meaning that it's simply downscaled by the screen driver... but I might be wrong...
that, why it confuses me. They market it as a 640x480 display so my guess is that its native resolution is only 640x480 (why market a high res display with such a low resolution). But if that would be the case the second sentence would make no sense => :wacko:

Back